What do you do for money honey?

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by BigZ3788, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Gilly

Gilly New Member

RE: Re: RE: What do you do for money honey?

I teach kindergarten and love it! My skink is in the library, and very pampered.
    -gilly

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. cheese

cheese New Member

I am fifteen so I work part time. I landscape for $8.50 an hour. It ranges from mowing lawns, cementing driveway (tough work!), raking, burning brush, painting etc.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Sedated

Sedated New Member

I'm a welder... it pays the bills and allows me to have a nice collection :D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

My uncle is a volunteer welder. He once took a chunk of metal to the face though. Needed well over 100 stiches to close him up.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. MatthewKellyRocks

MatthewKellyRocks New Member

i deliver pizza for domino's. It sounds crappy but i make great money! Monday-thursday im in school(im halfway through the vetrinary technician program) then fridays i work a "suicide shift". thats what we call an open-close weekend shift. Its 11:00am friday morning till 3:00am that night/next morning(yep 16 hours straight!). I then go home and completly crash and go back to work Saturday night from 5pm till 3am again. usually on a good weekend ill earn at least $300 cash plus my hourly wage. Ive then got sundays completly free to veg out on the couch, sleep, study or do whatever.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. drpainphd

drpainphd Member

I roll some fat burritos at taco del mar. i also sell stuff on ebay. will, youre a part-time bouncer? You should do it full time, you could be the jake the snake of the bouncing world. plus handling your boas is probably good training. haha.

12. MBrain

MBrain Embryo

Everyone's occupation

First of all this place is great. I love talkin reptiles!!! Was just wondering what everyone on here does for a living. There are so many different types of people in this world. keeping reptiles is kinda like having tattoos.....taboo. Alot of people hear you love reptiles and look at you cross eyed. I have a friend who is a finance manager for a Mercedes dealership by day and them comes home reveals his tattooed covered arms and sits down and holds one of his reptiles. Just a thought to see whos out there!!! And by the way, I drive a cement mixer for a living.

13. Jay_herb_com

Jay_herb_com New Member

RE: Everyone

I'm a cook at a local fish&chips restraunt, I have a 5month old cornsnake, I'm here more for the snakes so I dont know what u have there, it has to be a gecko or a beardd dragon rite?

14. MBrain

MBrain Embryo

Bearded dragon Jay but I also keep snakes including a corn. Nice to meet you!!

15. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

16. Dragon_Girl

Dragon_Girl Member

i dont do nothing, i am an archer if that counts? i have a bow and arrows and all that stuff. its not modern its old school or traditional.
    -mel
    p.s. i got a 2month old beardie

17. Reptscue

Reptscue New Member

I've been a veterinary technician for almost 9 years. We have 6 doctors and 2 of them see exotics. In one day we will see a wallaroo, parrot and a T+albino burmese

18. Jay_herb_com

Jay_herb_com New Member

Im a cook at a local fish & chips restraunt, pays good and tastes good!

19. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

Unemployed might busk if i could be bothered to go down to town. Made 60 pounds one day

20. Jay_herb_com

Jay_herb_com New Member

how much is that american?

21. Jay_herb_com

Jay_herb_com New Member

U should post pics of yur corn? wat kind is it?

22. HerpboyNY

HerpboyNY New Member

I'm a student. I do occasional work for family, also make some money by breeding herps.

23. Dragon_Girl

Dragon_Girl Member

i dont work or go to school. i get ssi and help a friend sell things at flea market to earn money.

24. HerpboyNY

HerpboyNY New Member

Well I just posted it in "What's everybody's Occupation" but I'll repeat and add a little more. I'm a student, that's my main focus right now because I plan to become a veterinarian. That means keeping my grades up in top position, which in turn means studying hard not leaving much other time. I do occasional work for family, also make some money by breeding herps. Also pays off to have good relations with the local pet store and local snake breeder :wink:

25. springshockey08

springshockey08 New Member

i am a ref right now for hockey...i get paid decentley by the game, luckily im still in highschool(freshman) i know i know im a youngin,so i dont have to pay the bills especially the hefty electric bill...most of my money goes into my snakes...after highschool i would really like to move on to becoming a herpetologist, studying reptiles(preferrbaly snakes) in their natural environment, since i live down here in florida i was also thinking of trying to get a job with the everglades about cleaning up the unwanted large constrictor population in a humane way maybe by taking some in for my self because i plan on building a large snake room the size of a middle class house...you might think im rushing ahead to quickly but i am going to try my absolute hardest in persuing what i have just stated........please excuse my spelling, it was never one of my strong points