What equipment do you guys all shoot with?

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by Axe, Nov 24, 2004.

1. jethro

jethro New Member

yikes that sounds kind of dangerous.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Advent

Advent Member

my moms kodak easyshare :(.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. EmilyH

EmilyH New Member

I have a Nikon CoolPix 3200 digital camera. It was my birthday present to myself last year. I must say, it's been getting a lot of use.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. outback_fire

outback_fire Member

haha...I just got a Nikon CoolPix 3500 digital....but I dont know if its better...I just know the numbers higher....anyway...my brother works at Kits Cameras and he got a really nice camera for about $900...Im really into photography but I have a digital and I like film cams better.....(I just dont wanna tell my dad That i didn't want the coolpix)...in my opinion...digital pictures aren't as good when The cameras dont cost over $1000

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. EmilyH

EmilyH New Member

Well, I've had no problems with my digital camera. I also have gotten better pictures with it than I've ever gotten with a regular camera. Of course, I never had a really expensive camera of either variety.

I particularly like the real zoom that it has, so I don't have to stick the camera right up in Kitt's face and blind her with the flash.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Naomi

Naomi New Member

that is one kick-ass cobra!!!!

12. LeoMaster3012

LeoMaster3012 Member

I use a sony cybershot

13. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

The N90s is a nice camera, I've got one of those. I haven't put a roll of film through it in about a year though, heh. I think I might pull it out this weekend when I head down to Myakka. I've also got the 75-300mm lens you mention above, great lens for the money.

The 24-120mm you have, is that regular version or the VR version?

14. napolean951

napolean951 New Member

I am looking to get into photography. Right now I am shooting with my mom's digital camera (not sure what kind it is, but it's around 4MP) It takes some good shots, others it's not that great for. I want to get a 35mm SLR camera, and I am looking into the Canon Rebel EOS (old version) would this be a good camera?

Here is a link
    http://www.refurbdepot.com/productdetails2...Product_ID=3238

15. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

16. napolean951

napolean951 New Member

Thanks, I was thinking of buying a used one from a shutterbug store in my area, so I would not be buying from that site. Would you suggest a Canon or Nikon? I know that Nikons have not changed their lens mounts, so I could get an older one for cheap and use it with a new camera, but Canon's have changed their mounts as of a few years ago. Any suggestions?

17. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Personally, I went with Nikon and I recommend others do the same.

Nikon have always been the top dog when it comes to film, and now that the D2x has been released, they're back at the top again with digital :D

18. napolean951

napolean951 New Member

Thanks for all your input! I think I will start looking into Nikons. What model to you recommend as a starter? I want to go fairly cheap, so $250 is about my max.

19. bluepositivity

bluepositivity Embryo

I use a Kodak DX6490. I love it for around the house stuff. It's not a great professional camera. But, it has great quality, nice manual functions, and i can get some killer macro shots out of it!

:)

20. jamesjr

jamesjr Embryo

Canon EOS 1D MkII
    Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L USM
    Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

21. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Member

I use a polaroid digi-cam.

22. tjhallock

tjhallock Member

I now have a Canon EOS 3000 and a Kodak CX7330

23. damnitbonnie

damnitbonnie New Member

i have a nikon coolpix 5200. got it at costco for $250.(that's for the person looking to spend around 250) just got it. trying to learn how to use it. i was always told to go with nikon. i'm going to try to post pictures of my mhd babies. i'm a bit technologically challenged. (can't spell either.) :(

24. alex_zedleppelin

alex_zedleppelin New Member

should i be worried about the flash hurting theyre eyes? i just cant figure out how to turn it off!

25. iloveherps

iloveherps Member

that photo is so cool is he de fanged?