What equipment do you guys all shoot with?

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by Axe, Nov 24, 2004.

1. midgetmunky13

midgetmunky13 Member

RE: My Photos

i have a 2.0 megpix vivicam...it sucks. i desperatly need help with is im tring to take pics of my green anole but hes so small and my cam is so suck. help me plz!!!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. TheHoodedOne

TheHoodedOne New Member

I have no idea if my camera is any good or not... >_< And I have no idea what it is either, so I'll just read the front:

it's an HP
    3.2 MP, 15 x zoom, 735 hp photosmart, 5.8 mm - 17.4 mm

I guess it's an okay digital camera, but I'm not really sure. I don't know squat about cameras, heck, I didn't even buy it myself, my uncle did...

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. midgetmunky13

midgetmunky13 Member

its pretty decent 3,2 megapixel is better than mine. and hp is a pretty good brand

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. clarinet45

clarinet45 Well-Known Member

right now i have a crappy Canon Powershot, 3.2MP, A70 [3x optical zoom and 3.2x digital zoom (9.6x total) Up to 3 minutes of video with sound; shutter priority exposure modes, 16 MB card] It's a hand-me-down. it works when it wants too and EATS batteries, even rechargable.
    i'm looking at the Nikon D50 Digital Heard it mentioned here a few times. pretty good? i'm looking at something btwn 600-800$. not a photographer by profession, but i love to take pics and i need some high quality ones for my website.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. norgan

norgan New Member

Camera update:

Panasonix Lumix DMC-FZ20, not quite SLR but has all the same features and quality that definately compares.
    It's a 5MP camera witha 35-430mm lense and anti-shake. i went on a mini safari in the local bushland and got soem really great photo's. i'll post em up soon.

I was looking a DSLR's but this camera has definately killed the urge as it satisfies me completely.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Lizardwizard

Lizardwizard New Member

i just picked up a canon powershot pro 1 and havent had much time to fool with it yet but from the pics ive taken so far im pretty impressed
    anyone have any experiece with this camera?

its the model under the rebel XT
    8mp 7x optical zoom with 28-200mm L-series fluorite lense

i picked it up on sale
    regular price was 899 i got it for 600

12. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

I shoot with a useless Olympus C-765 Ultra Zoom 4.0 Megapixels they are nice pictures but it takes a Picture every 15 seconds so useless for wildlife photography. I use my dads Olympus with a wide lense for when i am in Scotland can't rember the model buts its not digtal but its very good. Got great shots of Golden Eagle and talked to the local land lord and said most people who lived here had never seen one but got great shots of it and its mate. (Will find a way of getting them onto the computor tried scanning doesn't work)

Thanks for listening to my drone.

13. crusty1

crusty1 Member

i use my digital Samsung camera lol...i also have a Canon SLR oldskool one, i mainly use it for photo class, and develope and wash all my own photos, i get some pretty kool shots tho

14. plums

plums Embryo

I borrowed my mates camera, but normally i use my camera phone...quality of pics were actually better !

15. Aden

Aden New Member

I use quite a few cameras

My old Cannon AE-1 which i just sold.
    Now i only have a Nikon f75 and a Nikon D100

various lens, 70-300mm x2 (1 for film, 1 for digital) , standard 55mm, 24mm wide, 24-75mm Sigma.

For closeup photography i just put my Hoya Closup filters +2,+3,+4. Various other filters ranging from Polarizers to N-grad.

16. plums

plums Embryo

mine is an erricson k750i..i was more than impressed ..i took this photo with it...

[​IMG]

17. moshpitrockchick

moshpitrockchick New Member

I've got a HP M307 3.2mp digital camera, and i'm looking to upgrade to something a little more advanced. I've had my eye on a Canon Powershot S2 IS, does anyone have an opinion on them?
    I'm pretty much just looking for a nice camera that costs $500 or less and will work well for taking pictures of my herps at close range and also work alright taking pictures of the band that I manage when they are playing live shows, I would also like it to be fairly simple to operate, I know it wont be as easy as the point and shoot I have now, but I want something I can pick up quickly...all suggestions are welcome!

18. elums

elums Member

I use a Canon PowerShot G6 for all of my photography needs.

19. leodeal384

leodeal384 Member

I just got a new camera today! It is a Olympus OM-2. It was given to me along with a 75-205mm Vivitar macro focusing zoom lens, Vivitar 3500 dedicated electronic flash, a really nice case and lots of cleaning stuff. I haven't had the first pictures developed yet but hopefully they won't be too bad. This is supposed to be a pretty good camera...but it is also like 25 years old. O well, I got everything for free. I definately like using this over my Vivitar vivicam. I can get a picture of it if anyone wants. Also, has anyone had experience with this camera/lens/flash? This is my first film camera and only my second camera ever...just want to hear people's opinions.

20. moshpitrockchick

moshpitrockchick New Member

I just upgraded myself to a Sony DSC-H1 and I love it :)

21. Dragon_Girl

Dragon_Girl Member

22. leodeal384

leodeal384 Member

Here is a picture of my camera...
    [​IMG]
    and I will post some pics when I get decent shots with it.

23. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

leodeal384, i used to have that camera, but no lense quite that long, lol.

I am currently using a Nikon coolpix 5200, its lots of fun.

24. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

Nice piece of equipment

25. Dragon_Girl

Dragon_Girl Member

well i cant offord some thing like that. it would be awsome.
    -mel