What I got from the reptile expo.

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by ajlista, Oct 27, 2013.

1. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

So yesterday I traveled to a reptile expo in jersey with my father originally to search for an iguana. Upon arrival I quickly realized they only had 4 or 5 red iguanas which is not really what I was looking for. And I swore I wouldnt get one. But of course I did. The guy I got it from just called him paternless. But he mentioned something about part of his morph not being able to be determined yet, he estimated him around 4 months, if I want I can email him with the cage number and he can tell me the exact age, which is something I am probably going to do. He mentioned though that when it is able to be determined he can go from a 40 dollar leopard gecko to a 500 dollar leopard gecko? I dont really remember what he was saying. But out of the table this little guy seemed so bright, and he just stared at me, which I know they dont actually think like this but I just imagined him screaming "TAKE ME HOME" haha, he was too cute. So without further nonsense I will show you guys some pictures. I'm still slightly undecided on a name. I like the name Phillip or Aristotle (currently learning about aristotle in AP World, and he is one of my favored philosophers) Currently we have been calling him phillip with the exception of my father who is continuously calling him andy. Haha. Anyway here he is, he's in a 20 gallon right now. And last thing. I bought some eco earth for his moist hide and it came in 3 bricks for something like 6 bucks, it seemed like a great deal. But how do I go about using the eco earth. Do I cut the brick then put it in water? Or the whole brick
    Anywho
    [​IMG]
    In this picutre V you can see he is missing two of his front right toes. To be perfectly honest it doesnt bother me in the slightest, I was actually going to name him lefty because of it. And his toes dont have any open sores or anything it appears to be 100% healed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

geckolover22 likes this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Godzillagecko

Godzillagecko Member

She's gorgeous. I was at the expo in jersey over the weekend and saw one like her. Really beautiful color.

ajlista likes this.
  4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Sharman Wisdom

Sharman Wisdom HOTM Winner December

Wow!!! Very Beautiful gecko!!!

ajlista likes this.
  6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Very nice patternless!

ajlista likes this.
  8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ajlista

Thanks guys!
    And godzilla we probably went to the same expo. Were the people giving out the tickets in halloween costumes?
    Oh and I am pleased to inform he is eating anywhere from 4 to 7 mealworms a night, as well as me handling him daily.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Godzillagecko

Godzillagecko Member

YEAH! LOL I was there. Small world. Was a nice little expo easy to get through and I wasn't overwhelmed like many others. I picked up my G.Rosia which is doing really well. And some really nice size feeders for my Freya (My gecko).

12. ajlista

Yeah it was little but I liked it. I got some mealworms while I was there, they were pretty cheap I got him from the guy with the first table in the second row (Not sure if it would be considered advertisment to say the name of his company) He had some really nice ones. They had some pretty nice snakes there as well.

13. Godzillagecko

Godzillagecko Member

Yeah I remember that table lol. He had a lot of real gems there. Real healthy which was a plus. His prices were fair. I got his card for when Im ready to expand and get another Leo. I got my G. Rosea there from the guy towards the back with the custom cages. I didn't like that other setup that was along that side wall. His iguana's looks horrible and some of the spiders didn't look all that great.

14. ajlista

Yeah I intended on getting an iguana they did not look to be in very good condition at all

15. geckolover22

geckolover22 Well-Known Member

Beautiful gecko :D

ajlista likes this.
  16. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Where in Jersey was the expo? I usually going to the Long Island one and try to go to the big NY one once a year or every other year...

17. ajlista

Sorry for the late response been super busy sat prep college applications and all that. But honestly I'm not quite sure where in Jersey it was. Phillip is doing well he is eating well but o noticed that when I go to get him out hes super dark almost a black Coloro then when hes out he turns back to fellow. Does this have to do with light? It seems as though hes nearly a black Color in the dark and when I first get him into light. Then slowly becomes brighter. Iim not worried just wondering why that is

18. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Hm, are the temps correct in his tank? He may just have a slight "fire up" when he's excited/agitated/etc. when he's out of his tank, and go back to relaxed when he's in the tank.... My patternless used to be a slightly darker color when he was cold.

19. ajlista

His tank temps are around 90 if not 86-90 on the warm side, which he is always on and when I first pick him up he seems to warm up. I'm not sure, maybe you are right about the fireup, but it seems as though, say he's eating, I walk into my room (don't know he's eating) and happen to turn on the light, when I looked he seems to be already dark before He even notices me. I'm just not sure.

20. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Hm. Maybe it's just his moods? Lol. Unless you see anything wrong - loss of weight, appetite, etc. I wouldn't worry too much :)