What is your favorite snake?

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by ikermalli, Sep 2, 2008.

1. ikermalli

ikermalli Well-Known Member

Hello,

I just wanted to know what peoples favorite non venemouse snakes are and why. I am either getting a bearded dragon, mali uromastyx or some sort of snake so I was just wondering.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. slackin

slackin Member

I can't narrow it down to one, but I really enjoy my western hognose and my red tail boa. They are both really interesting in different ways. But I have to say that I really like green tree pythons too. I plan to own one of those some day.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bodom85

bodom85 Member

I'm going to say that its a toss up between 3 for me. I really like hognose snakes (all types included), chondros, and jungle carpet pythons. I really like my chondro because its not aggressive at all, which is odd for most green tree pythons. Well it did about nip me last night but its in shed so I let it slide. I really like hognose because for the most part they look exactly the same as adults and babies. Jcps are awsome because of the nice yellow and black color. But just to throw in my venomous experiance I like my eyelash viper and side striped pit vipers the most.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Bunny

Bunny New Member

I like my male Jungle Carpet Python. Mine is 3 years old and about 6 foot. The bright yellows and blacks on their bodies are beautiful. Mine was vicious for the first week and Then settled down nicely. 48x18x18 tank,
    UTH, Rheostat. Very active snake and a very good hunter. It's nice to have something that is not a ball, corn or king. Plus 6-7 fT is doable without gpoing broke.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

toss up between my ball pyhtons and redtail boas

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. MimC

MimC Moderator

I love colubrids!!! Corns and rats are some of my favorites! I also love Gopher snakes...

I love colubrids because they are easy to care for - and come in such a wide varieties of colors and patterns.

12. bruno

bruno Moderator

Difficult to answer really as they all have their own chararistics.
    Over the years I've had Cp's, water pythons, boas, kings, corns, hognoses.
    If it comes down to it, I think boas have to take 1st place, I love their size, yet you can handle them with ease. Got 3 right now 2 of which are pushing near 9ft.
    You can see them Here

13. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

i like my solomon tree boa, the're relativly calm and nice. they make easy pets haha =)
    and i'd like to have a BP or Boas.
    haha

14. unrealjill

unrealjill Well-Known Member

Hognoses! I don't have the space for many of the other species I'd like, nor the experience for many of them. Hoggys have a great wee personality to match their little size. I don't know about over in the US but they have very quickly become a popular species in the UK, something a little different from a corn or a BP for beginners.

15. Crazy4Herps

Crazy4Herps Hooked on Reptiles

I'd say Ball Python, no doubt about that! However, be aware that that is a somewhat biased response... the only snake I own is a Ball Python! :rolleyes: But they are awesome pets, if a bit finicky when it comes to eating. At first they're really shy, but when they grow to trust a human they become friendly and adventurious. Yes, they are known to fast, but they are pretty hardy and if healthy, they can handle a few months without food.

Bearded Dragons are cool too... it all depends on personal preferance. But if you are interested in a snake, I think it would be a debate between a Ball PYthon and a Corn Snake. Both species have lots of awesome morphs if you're into that kind of thing. I think the main differences between the two are size; BPs are significantly longer and much more heavy-bodied. BPs also are known to fast, which can be stressful. Sorry, I don't know much at all about corns.

Great Ball Python informational site: http://www.kingsnake.com/ballpythonguide

Whatever you choose, good luck, and have fun!