What is your favorite *VENOMOUS* Snake?

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by CornyGuy, Apr 10, 2006.

1. CornyGuy

CornyGuy Well-Known Member

What's your favorite venomous Snake? Why?

Mine is either the Inland Taipan, the Gaboon Viper, the Copperhead Viper, or the Boomslang.

Taipan, because they fascinate me of how venomous they are. They have the most toxic venom of all snakes.

I love the Gaboon Viper, because of it's sheer beauty. They have a gorgous pattern. They're very interesting, too. They have the longest fangs of any snake (2 inches!!).

The Copperhead, too, because of it's awesome pattern. They have amazing camaflouge.

The Boomslang... do I have to have a reason? They are a beautiful bright green, and have huge eyes.

Ohhhh! I completely forgot...the BLACK MAMBA! They are awesome! The second longest venomous snake at up to 12 feet long. The fastest snake at 14 mph. One of the most aggresive species. They will actually want to bite you. They will chase you if they see you. Yet another reason... they can bite up to a dozen times! Over and over, injecting more venom each time. And last but not least they are one of the most venomous snakes in the world. If you are bitten by this Mamba and you don't get antivenom, you are 100% garanteed to die within 30 minutes! :shock: And you know with most snakes 25% of the bites are dry bites (they inject no venom)? Well not the Black Mamba, they inject copias amounts of venom every time... :shock:

What's yours?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Are you sure about the most venomous being the taipan? Why am I thinking it's a brown snake or black snake from Oz?

Anyway..favourites..i'd go for Copperhead and Gaboon Viper for their geometric patterning and coloration. The bush vipers (African) and eyelash vipers are gorgeous due to their coloration but more importantly, the shapes of their heads..they just look bad@ss!! :) And lastly, i think very little comes close to the sheer brightness of the green coloration of green mambas..if you see them in person, it's unbelievable!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. CornyGuy

The Eastern Brown is the second.

Have you seen a Green Mamba in Person?? :shock:

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Indeed I have..gorgeous snake!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. CornyGuy

Lucky... I would love to see one. :)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

preferably with a pane of glass between you :)

12. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

LOL indeed. I've seen a green mamba in person. At the reptile zoo near me. But that was three years ago. My favs are bush vipers cause of their colouring and looks. I love their eyes and scales! Eyelash vipers for the same reason as skunky. Look at this pic and tell me they're not bad@ss :wink:
    [​IMG]

And my third fav is the Sidewinder. Come on, look at how they move. It's awesome :D

13. thepogona

thepogona Member

Western Diamondback Rattlesnake. Surprisingly, I have never had the pleasure of handling one; I always see pictures of my buds with that giant 4 footer. I should consider myself lucky, but don't, I'm looking for trouble I guess.

14. iloveherps

iloveherps Member

I love the eastern diamondback! And also i think the indian cobras are pretty neat. But nothing comes up to a King cobra. Think of a snake that can look you in the eyes. When you are standing up!

15. caseydt

caseydt New Member

I like the Gaboon Viper, the Eyelash Viper, and the King Cobra. My favorite among them is the Gaboon.

The Taipan is the most venomous terrestrial snake. But that also depends on if you are measuring the toxicity of the venom, or the amount of toxic venom injected per bite. You will see about four or five different snakes listed as the most venomous by different books, it just depends on what you are measuring.

16. thepogona

thepogona Member

Since everyone likes exotic reptiles (meaning elapidae, and not crotalids), Egyptian Banded Cobras and Monocled Cobras are some other favorites.

17. iloveherps

iloveherps Member

That is Crotalus adamanteus :D

18. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

You know, I've never understood the fascination with rattlers..I just dont find them attractive/interesting snakes. But that's just me..beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder

19. iloveherps

iloveherps Member

And you live in Georgia. I would almost kill to live there :D lol
    elapidaes are nice but not as nice as Crotalus.

20. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Sigh..and I once respected you :D

21. iloveherps

iloveherps Member

Not saying i would kill you ;-) Perhaps serious miming but not killing. :D lol
    Do you ever find Crotalus adamanteus down there?

22. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Yeah, occasionally bump into him in the pub on fridays :D

23. iloveherps

iloveherps Member

You sit down and have a beer together right ;-)

24. bluesquirrely4

bluesquirrely4 Member

I live in colorado. my father in-law caught a rattler in the mountains.

25. MAtt!123

MAtt!123 Member

mY favorite would be the boomslang. SUch a cool snake. :D