What kind of species of lizard is this??

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Shao_lo, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Shao_lo

Shao_lo Embryo

I live in Central Florida area, we have these brown lzards, that are also real dark brown also. They are about7in. to 11in. long, have a zig zag dark brown pattern on their back, and are very agressive and territorial, espicially towards the Green Anoles. I looked in a reptiles book, and the only simular species of lizard I found that looks like it is the Eastern Fence lizard, which is actually a type of iguana.

Please let me know if you know what kind of lizard this is, thanks

Shao lo :)

Also I will post a photo of these lizards on the image gallery

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. leodeal384

leodeal384 Member

Those are brown anoles...the green ones are green anoles. They are everywhere.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. myleopardgeckoisevil

myleopardgeckoisevil New Member

that sounds kind of big for an anole though, we don't have the brown anoles in georgia though, just the green

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Shao_lo

Shao_lo Embryo

never heard of brown anoles, and they are very aggresive and teritorial towards the green anoles. Don't think their brown anoles.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. D00M

D00M Well-Known Member

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Shao_lo

Shao_lo Embryo

Ok, thanks DOOM, its an Brown Anole, I call the ones with the redish on their head, "red heads"

and if you and anyone would like to take a look at the photos I took of them and other reptiles I have them on my photo gallery on yahoo http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shao_lo/album?.dir=/9d7f or just log in to yahoo if this link doesn't work and find shao_lo photo gallery.