What kind of turtle is she? (Edited-photos added, no links)

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by Ember, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Ember

Ember Embryo

I found this turtle on the side of the road trying to lay eggs in a snake hole (first time mom maybe? LOL) Anyways, it's now dusk out and I don't want to stick her outside with all the raccoons so I'm trying to make a temporary den for her but I want to know what type of turtle she is. My husband and I did some research and we think she's a yellow belly slider, but I'd like some confirmation. Here are the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. strange_wings

strange_wings Member

RE: What kind of turtle is she? (Edited-photos added, no lin

Looks like she is. Are you going to release her so she can lay her eggs? Preferably where you found her. Turtles have home ranges and it is best to return them to it as they know where to find food and water sources. She'll be fine against the raccoons, and as for her eggs - nature has to take it's course. If all nests and hatchings made it there would be serious population problems.

If you would really like to have a pet turtle you should consider adopting one. Pet turtles can't be released and often people get tired of caring for them, so you'd be doing a turtle a big favor by giving it a home. :)