what morph is my new crestie?

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by geckolover22, Jul 7, 2011.

1. geckolover22

geckolover22 Well-Known Member

i just i got a baby crestie today and curious what kind of morph he is im pretty new to crested geckos... DSC01650.JPG

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

It's hard to say at this age what his colors will ultimately develop into, but he looks to have normal buckskin coloration and some very nice big Dalmation spots. Very cute little guy = ) Congrats! And thanks for sharing the pics!

I'd just call him a dalmation!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. geckolover22

he is such a lil cutie couldnt resist getting him :D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

oooh, i love dalmations. yours is very cute :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. geckolover22

i have a question on housing this lil guy... i have a large tank would it be fine to put my crestie in with my baby leo not together of course but like using a partition in the middle so one half for the leo and the other half for my crestie?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Since they have such differing temperature and humidity requirements I don't think that it would be a very good idea.... a crested gecko's tank should be situated so that it has more vertical space than horizontal space where as a leo should have more ground (horizontal) space than vertical.

Congrats on the new little crestie :) He's a very cute little dalmation - possibly a super dalmation when he gets to full adult size, never know with them! How are you housing him right now?

12. geckolover22

yea i thought so my dad gave me the idea of that cuz its such a big tank.. right now the lil guy is in like quarter of the large estimate 100 gallon or so tank just for right now till i can get something smaller he's on eco earth i heard its fine to put these guys on.. has plastic leaves so far to play on and hide in and a small homemade hide temp stays between 60 and low 80's (depending on the house temp) and gets misted at least 3 times daily

13. Sharman Wisdom

Sharman Wisdom HOTM Winner December

my baby crestie is in a 15 gallon high tank with a branch, hide place and water bowl. I got mine two weeks ago today. My little guy is light tan with no spots. Post pic soon.

14. яowan.ω

яowan.ω Well-Known Member

His head is so huge. >.< Adorable!

15. Gecko&TurtleMaster19

Gecko&TurtleMaster19 New Member

Yeah, he is a dalmation