What to name my corn?

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by Katt, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Katt

Katt Moderator

I have a wild caught corn and I'M not sure what to name her. She seems to have a darker red to me than normal wild one so i looked up named that meant fire or flame. Here's a list of the names i found.Please suggest more and tell me if you like these.
    Paytah
    Pyralis
    Freyja
    Freya
    Aideen
    Keegan / Kegan
    Blaze
    Kaelyn

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Katt

Katt Moderator

ohhh and Pyre

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. MAtt!123

MAtt!123 Member

I always go for cute and strange names. My leo's name is daisy, im naming my soon to come corn snake squeakers or princess peach, and my next herp's ( hopefully a different specie snake ) name will be the name I didnt pick for the corn. :) :):D I would probably name him Blaze.....BLAZE!... I like the sound of it!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Katt

Katt Moderator

thanks matt. i like the name squeekers for the corn :). All my nameshave great meaning behind them

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. MAtt!123

MAtt!123 Member

Really? Like what? Well, id go for blaze... its just has an irrestistable charm... BLAZE!....BlAZE!! Do you think you can post pics of him/her?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Katt

Katt Moderator

I'll try but im not sure how soon. She is a real beauty. Her only flaw (to me at least) is a small scar on her tail where sadly somebody hit her with a stick.Even that is pretty in its own way

12. tkmofo

tkmofo New Member

Why would someone hit her with a stick?? That's okay, flaws add character, like a personality mark or somethin. And every scar has a story right? I like Blaze too, but it's kinda overdone. How about Pele (Hawaiian Goddess of Fire)

13. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

How do you pronounce Pele? It sounds nice. I also like Kegan and Kaelyn ;) Can you post some pics of your new girl? She sounds beautiful.

14. Katt

Katt Moderator

i do like pele and im thinkin about pyralis. i going to try to post some pics of her

15. Ohana

Ohana New Member

Keegan is my nephew's name.. he is Irish! It is a good strong name.... I like Pele or Pyralis though for a snake.. that way it could go either way if it is a boy or a girl...

16. Katt

Katt Moderator

some one hit her with a stick because they were afraid of her. I got her from a friend and she was like that. It makes her unique.

17. MAtt!123

MAtt!123 Member

:evil: It doesn't mean you hit the thing with a stick! he/she/they could have easily walked away, whoever he was.
    Anyway, I think Pele and Pyralis sound nice, just make sure whatever you pick to tell us!

18. Katt

Katt Moderator

yea im was upset that she got hit but i got a new snake so its all good.
    today she let me pick her up without trying to bite :lol:

19. irishdevil

irishdevil New Member

What I did with Draclyn's name is I picked two names I liked and made one. Or girlie up a male name you like ( once again Draclyn ). And if you are wanting to got with gods and goddesses with a ring of fire to thier name check out the Aztec pathon.....there are some really awesome names, and they sound cool too. My roomate for her fish usually goes for Japanesee names, they fit betas beautifully.

As for scars....all my babies have a scar, all mine except Hermes were rescues. Even the water dragon has one. And it does add to their personabiltiy and unqiueness ( makes it easier to identify them , espically if they get stolen). But for me evrey scar is reminder of how I ended up with them and all the joy they have given me. Congrats on the new additions and Good Luck.

20. Katt

Katt Moderator

thank you.shes coming along so well, i hope to be with her for a while regardless of scars

21. tkmofo

tkmofo New Member

to answer ash's ?, pele is pronounced pay-lay

22. Cynical_Ploy

Cynical_Ploy Embryo

I just got my corn Saturday and i am in the same delema! cant think of anything ><

23. tkmofo

tkmofo New Member

As many people like to name their snakes after gods & goddesses.... you can explore TONS of these names from various religions at www.godchecker.com

24. discus

discus New Member

what about the name
    Phoenix

25. irishdevil

irishdevil New Member

What about Inferna, do a girlie spin on inferno.