Whats a good medium sized lizard?

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by drpainphd, Jan 14, 2006.

1. drpainphd

drpainphd Member

I currently own snakes but i now have the resources to get a new pet. I'm thinking of getting a lizard of some sort (something with legs for a change). I want to get one that would fit a cage thats around 6 feet long 3 feet tall and 2 or 3 feet deep (that will fit on the shelf above my red tail boa cage). I've been thinking of either a bearded dragon or a chinese water dragon but i dont know about many other species of lizards. I;m not looking for something that will take as much work or need as much room as an iguana necessarily, but am i dedicated herp keeper. Any opinions or different suggestions are greatly appreciated. i'd like to pick something out soon so i can start reading about it.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. damnitbonnie

damnitbonnie New Member

i love my mountain horned dragons. they do need high humidity and moving water but they don't need a high basking temperature. they handle well. check www.froggieb.com for a care sheet and any info you might need.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. damnitbonnie

damnitbonnie New Member

i love my mountain horned dragons. they do need high humidity and moving water but they don't need a high basking temperature. they handle well. check www.froggieb.com for a care sheet and any info you might need.