whats an inexpensive lizard?

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by ellman605, Mar 12, 2006.

1. ellman605

ellman605 Member

Hey, i was wonder what kind of lizard makes a good pet and is pretty inexpensive to care for/get the supplies for? Dont say leopard gecko, i already have one, i'm just wondering what would be good for the in future :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. clarinet45

clarinet45 Well-Known Member

all reptiles over leos or crested are expensive, especially if you take them to the vet regularly like you are supposed to, feed them well and give them a huge tank.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ellman605

ellman605 Member

ok, thanks, i was reading up on cresteds, they look cool. i'll have to look into those more :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lizard_man_Lane

lizard_man_Lane Well-Known Member

Anoles are also very easy and inexpensive to take care of. I've also heard that viper geckos and fat-tailed geckos are easy and not too expensive to take care of.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. HerpboyNY

HerpboyNY New Member

Explain to me inexpensive. Many Varanus species are inexpensive to purchase but the food bill WILL build up over time. Then there are the fairly expensive purchase species, but food and other things are cheap.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. tokai

tokai New Member

Anoles are not inexpensive first you will need a tall tank plenty of foliage and lots of trees a hot 100 degree basking area a uvb bulb they dont like being bothered they need high humidity they need calcium they eat everyday tthey hate each other even 2 females they tolerate each other but when they get fighting it doesnt stop, but they are pretty and very active little animals