What's new for the 06 season!!

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by Skunky, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

So it's rapidly coming up to that time of year where new hatchlings and clutches are popping up all over the show..always an exciting time of year!!

I'm interested in knowing from you guys if you're planning on picking up any new snakes this coming '06 season and what it'll be??

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. MAtt!123

MAtt!123 Member

RE: What

Well, I'll be getting my first snake in a week or so. :D I'm so excited!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

very cool...what's it going to be??

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. CornyGuy

CornyGuy Well-Known Member

In the Summer I might get a BP!! :D

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

About time Corny!! For all your knowledge of snakes, I cant believe it's taken you so long to get a BP!! :D LOL!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Member

i should have a litter of dumerils comming soon, and i would first like to get my snake room finished, then get 1.1 yearling DH snow boas . . . if i can find anyone looking to part with any. for my backups, i would like a nice big female pastel or hypo boa, mabye a yearling super salmon. i might even get 1.2 more gargoyle geckos and start breeding them too . . . who knows.

~Will.

12. CornyGuy

CornyGuy Well-Known Member

Yes! Finally!! I can't wait. I'm probobly going to pick one up in one of the shows a few hours away from me. June 24 and 25. :wink:

Only... 68 days, 1 hour, 49 minutes, and 6 seconds. Oh wait 4 seconds, 3 seconds, 2...1...

13. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Will, I find that so interesting that you work with the big chunky boas and then the tiny little gargoyles :D

Personally, still on the search for some IJs..believe July-August should be availability!! Holding thumbs! :)

14. MAtt!123

MAtt!123 Member

I'm getting a snow corn snake!!!!! Everyone in my house wants to kill me because I'm obbessed with " that dumb snake. " My brothers exact words toward my future snake. I stay up till like 2 AM just thinking about the corn... but I sleep in till 3, so I'm pretty perky in the morning. ( or late afternoon to some people.... )

15. diablo17

diablo17 Member

i'll probaably get another snake this year, still torn on what kind though. maybe a BCI, maybe a ETB, maybe something i haven't even thought of yet. or maybe a female BP to try to breed with otis in a couple years. i'm going to a show at the end of may, but i'm not sure if i'll be getting anything there or waiting a little longer.

16. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Maybe a treadmill for Otis :)

17. diablo17

diablo17 Member

you're just jealous cuz otis could eat the dwarf, er, i mean the Col, for lunch. :D

18. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Just dust the Col with some Cheeto crumbs and Otis will eat anything :D LOL!!

An ETB would be sweet Diablo..if only I had the $$!!

19. diablo17

diablo17 Member

color that midget snake of yours orange and anyone could mistake it for a cheeto! :)

re: the ETB, they sure can be pricey. i'm gonna start doing some reading about care and husbandry and see if it's something i really want to deal with. i know they're not as easy to care for as our BPs, but i don't know how much harder it is. i have a few months before i can get anything else anyway.

20. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Hehe..funny man!! :)

Yeah, the husbandry requirements are pretty much what's keeping me a little hesitant to go into the arboreals and BRBs..part of me really likes the simple no-fuss requirements for BPs. You enjoy your animal more if you feel like you're interacting with it more than cleaning, changing out etc!

That's why I like the carpets..besides the fact that they're gorgeous! :)

21. reako45

reako45 Member

If my wife lets me (I was put on "snake restriction" after my 4' San Diego Gopher escaped into our printer :) ) I'd like to pick up something small like a Pueblan Milk, Mexican Milk, or a Variable King.

reako45

22. vytrvalost

vytrvalost New Member

I'm looking for a brazilian rainbow boa, I would love to get one of those. I just can't find a breeder for one out in the montreal area....if anyone knows a good snake breeder in or around montreal, if you could let me know that would be phenominal.

23. tjhallock

tjhallock Member

Although I don't intend on breeding designer GTPs until after I go through HS then college (7+ years), I may convince my dad well enough to picking up another GTP. Nothing big.

24. babybub

babybub Member

you two are always at it! i mean really....Bub and Spam would take either of ur runts on anyday! double team now suckers!

25. themowingmonk

themowingmonk Member

im getting a Ball Python this summer while im home from school