whats with my uro??

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by Newt, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Newt

Newt New Member

i have a "female" mali, shes 2 yrs old( so ive been told anyways)
    and today i picked up a male mali, hes also 2 yrs old......the male is quite bright colors,yellower and his tails black
    i had picked up the male to put him in his new tank and then went over to see how my female mali was........she totally freaked...hissed and flattened out,whipped me with her tail
    she has never done that before so i figured it was the smell of the other mali
    now im wondering if my female is actually a male =, being she reacted so strongly
    when i went back to touch the male mali he didnt have the same reaction
    any ideas on why she'd freak out so bad?
    im just wondering if this is an indication that my female mali is actually a male

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

Sorry I can't help you with the behavior but be careful when you get a new animal. You don't want to go touching the new animal then other animals you already have because the new animal may have an illness that you can't see. It's bets to quarantine any new animals away from your existing collection and make sure wash your hands well after touching the new animal before you touch any of your others.

Congrats on the new mali, btw. ;)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Newt

Newt New Member

i got the mali from a person who takes very good care of his malis so i have no worry on sickness or anything
    hes had it for quite a while a year or so and its very healthy looking
    =)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Is your female still freaking out?