Whats Yours?

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by LizardGuy1313, Dec 5, 2002.

1. LizardGuy1313

LizardGuy1313 New Member

Hello. I'd just like to know what y'all think is the best snake pet?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Reptscue

Reptscue New Member

I would have to say boas. I currently have 1.1 BCI. I wouldn't give them up for the world. They are not flighty like colubrids. They like to just hang out. BCIs get a little big, but there are smaller boas that can be just as cool.

Just my $.02,
    Kim

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Rainey

Rainey New Member

I am torn between ball pythons and cornsnakes. THey both have great temperments, but I think in the end I'm going to have to say cornsnakes. My Katie is so gentle, she just, as Reptscue says, likes to hang out. She's very curious and seems to have a streak of vanity!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

My favorites are the Irian Jaya Carpet Python, Hogg Island Boa (smaller than a regular BCI and neat coloring), and I love Amazon Treen Boas.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Rainey

Rainey New Member

Before I found out about our provincial laws here banning all boids, I really wanted a amazon tree boa. I think they're so beautiful. I love the red ones!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Neil

Neil New Member

Quite fond of most colubrids myself, especially Corns and California Kings. I'd also love to have a Common Boa and a Royal or Children's Python. Gorgeous animals.

12. Rainey

Rainey New Member

I've never seen a Royal Python Neil, you've got me curious... I'm gonna go research 'em a bit.

13. Rainey

Rainey New Member

Well, isn't Rainey just a big ass! It's another name for a ball python. JEEZ! Sorry!

14. Neil

Neil New Member

Hehe. Yeah, it's weird that some snakes have different names depending on which side of the Atlantic you're on. :) .