When will babies they need to be separated.A few Q's

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by tupi1, Feb 7, 2007.

1. tupi1

tupi1 New Member

The tokays Im getting are around 3-5 inches long, when will I be able to sex them and when should the males be seperated before the fights start?
    Also can anyone take a guess at how old this size gecko would be?

One more question is how fast do they grow so I can get an idea of when Ill need to upgrade the enclosure sizes.

Thanks all, Im getting my 4 tomorrow, and cant wait...

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. dakman

dakman New Member

RE: When will babies they need to be separated.A few Q

Depending on your experience they normally can be safely sexed at around 9 months old which is about the age to also seperate males. Males will start maturing between 9 months and one year and that is when they may start fighting or the male(father will start chasing them around. They can be sexed younger but can be difficult unless you have raised them and have experience. Hatclings are about 2-3 inches long when they hatch. Many thing can affect how fast they grow so I would take a stab at 3-5 months old. Mine are usually around 8-10 inches long at one year and full lenght at age two. At nine months they usually are around 8-9 inches long. The measurements I gave are from snout to end of tail. This is my experience and could differ. Hope this will help out some.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. tupi1

tupi1 New Member

RE: When will babies they need to be separated.A few Q

helps alot Thanks...I have never owned a gecko so although I have a book it still doesnt answer all my Q's.And there is nothing that beats hands on experience...