Where can I order a Worm, Texas Blind, or Thread Snake online?

Discussion in 'Other Colubrids' started by Karlee, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Karlee

Karlee Member

I am looking to get a worm snake and I did a lot of research, but I can't find any places to order them. If any one knows a place where I can go to get one personaly in or around Houston, that would be great.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Karlee

Karlee Member

Also, I can't catch a wild one like Chelsea did. I want to bring it the least amount of stress when taking it to its new home. Thanks.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

I love worm snakes! I've seen Brahminy Blind Snakes/Black Worm Snakes/Flowerpot Snakes for sale on kingsnake before. There is one listing for them right now. I can't speak for the reputability of the breeder, though, so you may want to look into that for yourself. Anyway, here's a link to the kingsnake listing:

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=6&de=838456

There isn't much information out there on their care. From what I've read before, they can be a little difficult to feed. You'll probably want to start a little feeder ant colony since I think they eat mostly ant larvae in the wild if I remember correctly. Termites and small ants are good feeders too. Even pinhead crickets may be a little large for them depending on your supplier, so be wary on relying on them as a staple feeder for these guys. If you want more info, I'd be happy to brush up on my research for you. =)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Karlee

Karlee Member

Thanks Cammy, its a big help