Where do you keep you animals

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by ShnuckTuck, Jul 31, 2005.

1. ShnuckTuck

ShnuckTuck New Member

lol thats only some cities, and most have just put a breeding ban meaning they need spec perments to breed the dogs.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. BSB

BSB Well-Known Member

I just want a Saint Bernard.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Keno

Keno New Member

These are my cages...

(For Stenodactylus petrii)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(For Crotaphytus collaris)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Together)

[​IMG]

Grtz Keno.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Temeekungay

Temeekungay New Member

Keno, those are some pretty neat looking cages, what is in them. Sorry i don't know what the scientific names refers to, im a new reptile owner.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ShnuckTuck

ShnuckTuck New Member

me too and I work at a zoo

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

I'm pretty sure it's all of Ontario.

12. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

No it's Ontario. I read it everywhere. Windsor has already started the ban. All the stray ones are being put down. Read this. It's an old article but nonetheless the real story - http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/e...pitbulls-nr.asp

13. SnakeMan101

SnakeMan101 New Member

hey janice where are you ordering that three tall one from?

14. wlowell05

wlowell05 Member

Janice- where are u ordering the tall one from?

15. wlowell05

wlowell05 Member

theres actually an organization that is fighting the pitbans becasue its doing nothing more than punishing the good people and sending the bad people to another city, that or theyll just find another dog to fight. they have tried twice in alabama to ban them and once in georgia, but becuase they are such a popular breed here too many people fight the bill. the thing is that if uve owned the dog for more than six months and can prove it, then u can keep the dog, but if u ever take it off ur property then it has to be on a leash and muzzled or u'll get fined heavily. in lanette,ga, there is a ban, but the authorities are taking it out of control and seizing dogs they have no right to and shooting them on the spot. they have filled up the pound wich is old and serves as a pound for 3 counties in that area. the director is having to put to sleep animals that are strays and owner surrenders because many of the pits have to stay there till a court date, where the organization i mentioned before is suing them. the director is also adopting the pits that she can to people in other cities where it is legal. what they are doing is wrong, and they should be stopped. they are hoping to rewrite the bill and have the city pay everyone they seized an animal from. but the thing is they arent just taking pits, they are taking anything they think is a pit. a white boxer mix, they took him becasue they said boxer's arent white, which isnt true its just rare. they took a catahoula leopard dog and her pups because they said she was a pit but isnt. theyve taken in so many dogs that u can look at them and tell they arent pitbull. they dont kno what pits look like and are assuming. its gotten out of control. and i hope they pay. because its not the breeds fault to be punished as they are doing. they are great dogs, and if i had a kid wouldnt let my kid go near strange pits, but i also would let it go near other strange dogs or open wells or strangers and none of those are being banned. u hear about pit attacks on tv but most of the time the media is just assuming its a pitbull once they hear there has been a dog attack. what u dont hear is y the dog attacked. the old lady that was killed in lanette, ga, by the pit is what started the mess there. but what u didnt hear was that the dog was beat in the head by a hammer regularly and the owner had be fined previously with animal cruelty. i'm tired of hearing that pits are bad and dangerous but its the people who are dangerous. and many of the people who are starting these bans havent spent time with a pit one on one. sorry about this... i rant but this means alot to me. i volunteer with an organization that is currently tryig to fight this.

16. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

I know hon. I love pit bulls. It's different here in Ontario though. They have started the ban. There is a petition going to stop the ban however, because, yes it is pointless. And the bad owners are just going to find another breed they can manipulate to their liking. They already mentioned it in the paper. "The next pit bull breed?" It's called a Canary Dog. Anyways back on track. They are not taking away the pit bulls that are already owned. They are not shooting dogs. They are putting down the strays in the shelters and pounds. Organizations have been transporting these poor dogs to different cities, different provinces, to save them. I hate it just as much as anyone. I'm not sure if they will be able to stop the ban or not. The ones who started it are pig-headed, stubborn and believe what they want. And what they believe is that the pit bull is truly dangerous and it's never any person's fault....That is so untrue it kills me.

17. wlowell05

wlowell05 Member

actually they are taking them if u havent owned them for at least 6 months and yes they have shot some, a female with pups. thats what theve dont in lanette. like i said i voolunteer with a rescue whose founder is apart of an organizaiton that is fighting this. i went up to the pound where the dogs are being taken with the lady. and listened to them talking about the shooting. so yes they have done it.

18. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Do you mean they shot them in Ontario???

19. wlowell05

wlowell05 Member

NO... i have no clue whats goin on in ontario. i'm talking about lanete, ga.

20. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Lol ok well see I was talking about in Ontario. There we go. Confusion settled. They are not shooting them in Ontario. Only if one attacks someone. And they are not taking them away from their owners if they are already owned by someone.

21. wlowell05

wlowell05 Member

thats how it should be. but in lanette they are taking them no matter how long uve had them. but the bill they were ging to set for the state overall that u can only keep ur dog if uve had it for at least 6 months

22. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

That's horrible and unfair. I cannot believe that. What if you've become attached to the dog in the 6months? Ugh that's disgusting. And I thought they were being harsh here in Ontario....

23. wlowell05

wlowell05 Member

yea... but the county is being sued to rewrite the bill and pay each person they took an animal from. its retarded becasue some of the dogs they take arent even pit. they took a white boxer mix because they said boxers arent white. and a catahoula leoprd dog because of her coloring. they dont even kno what pits look like half the time.

24. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

I know eh? It's pretty dumb. It's kind of the same thing here I think. Any "pit bull type dog". So really anything they think is pit bull.

25. wlowell05

wlowell05 Member

yea... but comeone a boxer and a pitbull. they look different even though it was a mix, but still... u could tell boxer... but its ok in his case becasue he got a great home with a friend of mine and her husband. the catahoulas pups all got great homes and the catahoula momma is still gainin wait from the nursing. but i hope the county has to pay big time!