Where the Turtle members at??????

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by scarr105, Jan 12, 2004.

1. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Glad to hear they liked the worms! Can't wait to see some new pics, I know how exciting it is when you're almost done with a new enclosure like that. Congrats!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. elfomatic

elfomatic Embryo

My babies:

0.0.1 Redfoot Tortoise
    5.1.0 Eastern Box Turtles
    0.0.2 Russian Tortoises
    0.0.1 Sulcata Tortoise
    1.1.8 Red Ear Slider Turtles
    2.0.0 Midlands Painted Turtles
    0.0.1 Western Painted Turtle
    0.0.1 North American Wood Turtle

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

That's a lot of babies. How do you keep them all?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Kiryu

Kiryu Embryo

Well I have 1 Rio Grande Red Eared Slider that are also called Ornate Red Eared Sliders. His name is Red. I got him from www.Turtle-Town.com at Sewer Fest 2003. I also have an Ouachita Map Turtle, his name is Clyde. I got him from Captive Bred Specialties. There both currently in a 40 gallon Breeder and are living happily. They feed on Worms, Commerical Pet food, straw berries, Carrots ( Carrots and Koi food I highly recomend for turtles, It improves yellow and red marks to a nice orange color), fish food, lettuce, apples, etc. I love them to death. Here's a picture of Clyde swimming. http://www.freewebs.com/jherp/PICT0051.JPG

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. coldbloodedkeeper

coldbloodedkeeper New Member

those pics were great, those turtles are so adorable!! sorry to hear one died:{ they are alot of work im sure..................but well worth it. mine i dont even consider a chore...its my time.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. dustinluvsme

dustinluvsme Embryo

Hello fellow turtle lovers! I found a baby eastern box turtle in my yard. I have had him for about a month and he is soooo cute! I am learning how to care for him and I play with him alot, I really think he likes me. He never goes in his shell when I am holding him. I let him bathe in the sink, and I am trying to be the best turtle mom I can be. I heard they live upto 40 years!!!!!!!!! If anyone has suggestions for care I would appreciate it. Oh his name is Leonardo, like the ninja turtle, lol!!!! I will post pics tomorrow.

12. wiccabrat

wiccabrat Embryo

I'm a RR newbie but a turtle nut so I'll jump in here. I have 3 big red eared sliders and a tiny baby, 4 adult painteds, 1 african side neck, 1 spiny soft shell, 1 three toed box, and a Russian tort. We have a lot of other animals, but the shellies are my babies.

13. Rick78

Rick78 New Member

I have two captive bred box turtles that live in an outdoor pen.

14. anoleboy2

anoleboy2 Member

I have an eastern box turtle of unknown age and a 6 year old redear slider turtle.

15. Camo95

Camo95 Embryo

i have a map turtle, ill hav 2 in a week r 2 but thyre no rescuees i got them in a pet shop!!!!

theyre small enough bu will grow to abou 7 inches wide!!!!! well mayb the size of the average dinner plate