Where to find these plants?

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by LuvMyLizards, Jan 27, 2005.

1. LuvMyLizards

LuvMyLizards Embryo

I am having trouble locating certain plants. I have tried grocery stores, health food stores, specialty stores, and ethnic markets with no luck yet.

Mature alfalfa - Fresh mature alfalfa, not sprouts. The sprouts are not as nutritious and carry salmonella.

Pothos - I have heard contradicting information about adding this plant to a cage. Any info on where to find it, personal experiences, or links to literature or reliable information as to it's safe use.

Dandelion greens - I would like to find a place that sells some that is organic.

Seaweed/kelp - I have only been able to find this as a pill or powder. Where can I buy it fresh?

Any ideas??

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

dandelion greens i pick up at my local vegetable store, and for pothos i have seen it at home depot before.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. LuvMyLizards

LuvMyLizards Embryo

What kind of store is it? Is it a nationwide chain store or just a local mom and pop place? I have tried every grocery store around here with no luck. One told me they might be able to order them, but I would have to buy the whole case!

Thanks for the Home Depot suggestion. I will look into it.