Which species is the most fun to own?

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by havoc_murtha, Jan 11, 2005.

1. havoc_murtha

havoc_murtha New Member

Well, before I get yeld at for my answer lets look at the different aspects of some types:

My Maps were the best hatchling swimmers that I have ever seem. At only a couple of weeks old they swam better than months old sliders. But they are the shyist shells I've ever seen. they hide when I'm in the room and never beg for food.

My painted are not shy, always wanting to catch a gold fish. But don't usually care if I'm there or not.

My Pen. Cooter is the biggest baby, and begs at the glass if I'm in the next room. She lets me pet her neck and head, when she is basking.

Sliders, well, to fickle to tell, I have one that bites, one thas extremly shy, and one that will actually follow me around the yard, when I take him outside.

And last of all, my Stinkpot. He/she (don't know yet) always swims to the glass when I'm around and gets excited when I bring the food can to the tank. And her/his favorite game is to pretend he's a rock and open his mouth hoping feeder fish will swim too close.

ANSWER: Most fun species is my STINKPOT :D
    (**favorite shell of all time was a YBS)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. havoc_murtha

havoc_murtha New Member

So... no one wants to way in?

Hummingbird... Biochick... no comments.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Sorry Havoc...totally missed this thread.
    I have a lot of favorites but I think snake-necks are my favorites. Very Muppet-like and pretty active. I really like tortoises better. Indian Stars are very cool...very expensive...but great personalities!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

hey will! relax! i'm not on the boards 24/7!!! okay, maybe 22/6 . . . lol!

i've only owned a miss map, but have cared for box turtles and the common snapper at capital and i did my animal behavior research at the cols zoo on the roti island snake-necked turtles (one of the top 25 most endangered turtles int he world).

like you, i LOVE seeing my miss map swim around! he could swim like a fish from the day he was hatched! so adorable! and so graceful! but the large tanks, expensive filters, and hundreds of gallons of water to change are a problem.

for ease of care, i guess my faves are boxies. adorable, hardy, pretty simple cage setup, great personalities, etc. adorable as babies! so tiny and practically spherical! lol!

i also like indian stars, but have never owned one. spottods and snake-neckeds rock but have never owned them either.