whites tree frog turning brown?

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by teh_angry_g00se, Nov 30, 2004.

1. teh_angry_g00se

teh_angry_g00se New Member

our whites tree frog who is a jouvinile is dark brown. its seems he only turns that color at night time. I just wanted to see if this was normal. I read that someones frog turned brown and dieded a few days later. also im not sure if it is eating. we put 4 large crickets in his cage every day. do to the moss, the crix hide, can he find them? does he eat them at night when were not watching?
    thanks in advance for an help :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

White's are nocturnal so he most likely eats at night. If the crickets are gone and you don't see alot of dead crickets in the cage, then he's eating them. White's will change color with changes in humidity. Some say they will change to some degree with light changes, but I don't really buy that. Our White's changes color frequently and goes from bright green to dark brown.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. EvilSquish

EvilSquish New Member

My little guy is kinda brown, with some bright green patches.. .he was given to me from a friend almost a year ago and has stayed this colour, and according to her, always was this colour. His humidity is accurate and he eats well, he's also very active and loves to sing... I'm sure if he's chowing on his bugs and in a clean enviroment you'll have nothing to really worry about.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

White's come in a variety of colors. From a jade green to blue to dark green or brown. Add to that mix the fact that their colors can vary slightly with humidity and stress, and you have a very colorful species! lol