whitethroats breeding.

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by varanidfan, Apr 3, 2005.

1. varanidfan

varanidfan New Member

this breeding is a result of my old female banded cape monitor being introduced to my new male cape monitor. I put her in there to clean her cage, low and behold boom, mating occured, i m not complaining.
    thanks
    scott
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. varanidfan

varanidfan New Member

some more breeding shots

these pics are from round 4 or 5. about three or four hours after the last pics i posted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

that made your new male's day lol. you seem to have a knack for breeding monitors. why not invest is a pair of blue trees and trying them? you could make a great amount of cash doing that.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. varanidfan

varanidfan New Member

nope

that is an easy question to answer. because im not in it for the money, its something ive always wanted to do and never been able to do because of space limitations, now i have my own house and a good bit of room, i got what i want and have been working with them for a good bit trying to make them happy. I have always like whitethroat monitors, ever since getting robert spracklands book of giant lizards when i was 14, so eleven years of wanting to finally get it rocks, and then start seeing success as well, it rocks.
    I dont particularly like treemonitors, nor do i ahve the climate in my house for them. Ackies, and albigs are pretty tolerant of colder temps from time to time, albigs are v ery tolerant for long periods of time even, whereas ackies are strong and its easier to heat the smaller cages efficiently.
    As far as money go's if i can break even with my expensise thus far ( which are monumental at this point) i will be happy, but i have a good job and dont need extra cash from my charges.
    the whole prasinus complex is too fragile, and would certainly not fair well in my cold basement as my other varanids do. I stress easy, and at 1000 or more each for quality prasinus type monitors, it would be too much for me too lose an animal.
    thanks for the compliments though
    scott

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

Re: nope

the sign of a true herper.
    if you happen to hatch out the WT eggs, my basment should be done and id be more then happy to take one off your hands ;)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. varanidfan

varanidfan New Member

ok

we shall see as this is her first breeding, many virgins will not give a good first clutch, i would like to see some good eggs but its not definate yet, we will see in a month or so. If it makes it that far then im looking at about 6 months of incubation....so take your time with your basement.....LOL
    i will post them on the site i moderate in the classifieds, as well as any ackies i hatch out.
    thanks for the kind words
    scott moser
    www.varanusweb.com (im varanidfan over there as well)

12. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

thanks man.