who has ever seen this?

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by BP36, Jan 5, 2012.

1. BP36

BP36 New Member

39738_429616949016_504224016_4836676_6195645_n.jpg
    This is a northern ringneck snake i collected and then released at rushford lake in south western ny
    they can be hard to find and i feel lucky to have found one.They normally grow no more than 16 inches and feed primarily on worms, frogs, and soo on. there are other ringnecks in southeastern and midwestern united states. has anyone else been luck to have found one?

im new and im just trying to break the ice abit

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

ive never heard of them, but im on the east coast so i guess thats no suprise

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. BP36

BP36 New Member

they can be found through out the whole eastern united states...but they are very hard too find. there are 3 different types and they look similar in pattern and differ only in color. yellow,red, orange i believe

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Wow that's awesome that you found the little guy. I've never found any around here or upstate NY... found a lot of other reptiles though! Lol, it's amazing what is there when you actually go looking in the right places :)

...Welcome to Reptile Rooms btw! Hope you like it here!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. BP36

BP36 New Member

thankyou, so far i am very much enjoying the forum. ya i myself never heard of ring necks until i found one

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. beverly

beverly Embryo

yes, I have, they are nocturnal and that is pretty much the reason why most herpers don't see them. They are super sencetive to sounds and usually hide when they feel vibration from footfall. They are awesome.

12. beverly

beverly Embryo

while I am here, does anyone here have for sale a mature female New Caldonian Giant Gecko/ (Rhacodactylus leachianus), for sale? I have a 14 year old very lonely male ready to make the total commitment. He is a registured male Fort Worth Zoo baby given to me when I retired from the NTHS Board of Directors. contact me with with serious inquries only please...celticladyone@yahoo.com

13. BP36

BP36 New Member

unfortunatly no, i mostly deal with boa's , pythons, and monitors....if you havent yet, try asking over in the gecko forum section

14. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

beverly - We have a small classified section but I know there aren't any leachies on there.... try http://www.forums.repashy.com/
    Their forum is pretty fantastic with rhacs and the people on that forum are beyond knowledgeable on the care of anything to do with exotic geckos :) Just to warn you... if you're looking for a specific locale and a mature female you're looking into paying upwards of $1000.... What locale is your male? And 14 years old? Wow! Is he 1st gen?