who's this lil guy?

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by Geekoo, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

well if you need me to take him ill pm you my address. i just got another baby rat though so if you do send me the snake i may have to hide it from my dad for a bit lol. i have a spare 10gal with a UTH on it from one of my other geckos thats free, i would just need to clean it up and buy some stuff for it. but i could get a simple, cheap setup all ready in no time, ive got some spare rodent hides and boxes from my rat cage he could use

but if you want to see gross you should see what happens when you defrost a pinky for too long then your snake constricts it.

but how did your leo like the pinky? my leos wont touch them

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Geekoo

Geekoo New Member

that great if you need any dishes/hides lil things like that just note me ill send that allong too.
    also ive never actualy did a overnight shipping before do you know what the cost whould be if so whould you be willing to pay it ? :)
    dont want to seem rude but my mom and i are in deep with payments :lol: :)

also i found this nifty site where it explanes shiping live snakes---> http://www.allboas.com/methods.php
    i think its pretty realiable

ill probaly ship him in 1 to 2 days ...gotta scrounge up the supplys ...

p.s. Neomi loves just about anything and everything that passes her nose XD she realy liked the pinkie aswell :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. veggieberger

veggieberger Embryo

or maybe a kingsnake?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Shanna66

i have no idea how shipping a live animal would go. i have money so i could pay, would i just mail some money to you or how would this work? ive never been sent an animal in the mail before lol

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Geekoo

Geekoo New Member

we can use a money order,i should get the info tomarrow from the post office on te price then ill probaly ship him later that day after getting back to you on the mailing adresses.heres info on what money order is--> http://www.usps.com/money/sendingmoney/moneyorders/
    if you want you could use that method.

as for shipping cost im pretty sure it should cost about 7.50$ as seen here on special handeling-->http://www.usps.com/prices/extra-services-prices.htm
    ill conferm price when i call usps tommarow and get back to you on its price then we can exchange addresses here.

i hope that helped some i myself dont know much about mailing untill i did some reaserch on it :lol:

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. bruno

bruno Moderator

It's great you are making these arrangements for the sake of the snake, kudos to both of you.

JUST A REMINDER, when you exchange address's etc.
    PLEASE DO IT BY PM OR EMAIL not on the open forum.
    It's for your own safety.
    Thank you.

12. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

so something that makes me a bit curious that no one has been looking for him?

13. Shanna66

i just sent my address via PM
    ive been wanting another corn snake for a while and was planning on getting one at the next reptile expo so this works great ^.^

how old do you think he is? im going to guess maybe about 6 weeks or so? our other corn was just a tiny bit bigger when we got him and the breeder told us he was 6 weeks

i showed the pics of him to my sister and she is excited too, she thinks he is adorable

14. bruno

bruno Moderator

Hi,
    It could be about 6 weeks old but it depends on how long he's been out and whether he has actually started feeding yet.
    I've had corns that have been that size and 6 months old due to being reluctant feeders.
    It's probably one of this years hatchlings so if you go by 6 weeks then you wont be far out with age.

15. Geekoo

Geekoo New Member

his length is about 12inchs im pretty sure hes 6 weeks old still a baby none the less...im just trying to get this shipping stuff straghtened out usps,fedex nor ups will ship live animals yet all of them have garentes on the website.
    like i mentiond on pm to Shanna i can have them ship it with a label urgent parishable and have them send asap.

"i was told by the petstore owner thats how they get there shipment is through ups and yet they dont even know there shipping live cargo" ;)
    but i think as long as i state that the package is verry frigile he should be ok for overnight shipment.

if anyone knows of a safer shipping alternative please tell me within the next 3 hours.

16. Shanna66

i really have no idea what method of shipping would be better, but i would prefer to spend no more than $20 on shipping right now as i may be needing to take some of my rats to the vet again because of their respitory infections. granted if i need to spend more i will of course.

17. Geekoo

Geekoo New Member

from what i know the usps is the chepest for express shipping and it says 22$ on there as well,hopfully it will be cheaper when i go to ship him later today "its 2:00am where im at so ill be shipping him by 10:00 today"

also ill write back to you on what the price ended up being and you can send the amount from there.

18. bodom85

bodom85 Member

To me it looks more like an eastern milk snake. Could be a great planes milk or something like that. Don't see many of them. As for temps and how to keep them, think of it this way, you found it in your area and its a local snake. Local temps and conditions should be good.

19. Shanna66

oh wow, he does look like an eastern milk snake. i just googled pics

20. bodom85

bodom85 Member

Yeah, they are kinda rare. I didn't read all of the forum, but I think I saw somewhere you may be shipping this somewhere? If thats the case, make sure you can take milk snakes from the wild let alone ship, also have the recieving party check too becaue Im pretty sure here in PA they are protected.

21. Shanna66

i really have no idea if they are allowed to be shipped here in Va if its all legal and everything how would its care differ from a corn?

22. Geekoo

Geekoo New Member

oh wow...i do beleave hes an eastern milk snake now 0.0
    just googled some picks and it fits his discription perfectly!

im glad to finnaly patch that all up i gues im sendiing a eastern milk instead of a corn..."i love to know how foods apply to snakes"sarcasm CX

23. bodom85

bodom85 Member

Well like corns, these guys are from the US so I'd say keep it like a corn, mid to high 70s, water dish and a hide or 2. Best to probably put him back into the wild though but its your choice not mine. They are neat looking snakes though.

24. Shanna66

according to geekoo he should be getting here late today or early tomorrow. i have a tank to clean out. ill take the best care of him i can so hopefully he will adjust well to captivity.

25. Shanna66

he just came in!
    he seems healthy and unhappy right now lol. wow you packed him really well. he is exploring his tank right now, but the water bowl seems too big so ill get another one today.
    my god he is tiny though! the pics you posted just dont show how small he is.
    he will be living with my boyfriend but i go over there alot so ill be able to keep a good eye on him and everything.
    ill send you the money in a card. and ill post up pics tonight