Why a Tokay?

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by jayhay, Sep 22, 2005.

1. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

Okay, not to insult any of your tokay lovers (and it seems that most tokay owners really seem to love not just THEIR gecko, but the species itself) but why a tokay?? I mean, they are breathtakingly beautiful and all, but those little buggers are so vicious. I mean, every tokay should come with a box of bandaids right? eventually, you will get bite, and usually hard. So, my question is, what is it about these little guys that make them so irrestiable to you?? :roll: :wink:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. brendywendy

brendywendy Well-Known Member

i love my two leos for their friendly cute personalities, and their love of handling-mine actually line up and bang on the door to come out.
    i love my tokay becuase he is grumpy, noisy , aqnd generally of an pissed off demeanor, and yes they are gorgeous.

also, i do live in fear of my tokay, but he has never actually bitten me, and only tried to once, when he had jumped out of his open door and was trying to scarper up the wall and behind the furniture, so i had to grab him quick, and this startled him, so he tried to bite.
    i have gloves, which i show to him often, and now hell take being touched, and seems quite relaxed when i pick him up too, although i dont do it too often.- although speaking to others here, usually its not just bandaids required but a bit of field surgery!

also like him cos of the foot pads, which i miss in my leos, and all the climbing, and hanging from the ceiling, and the no eye lids, his bark,the really beautiful colours, the cool hunting tactics and strike, and cos its a bit more like a wild animal! gives a little extra buzz at feeding time!

he is like that mad, grumpy grandparent that swears and moans all the time, that is scary but you love all the same

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lambrettaguy80

lambrettaguy80 New Member

c'mon viciuos does this look like a vicious gecko [​IMG] ok im playin yea she is but shes still a sweatheart. What is it about these little demented geckos well i couldnt tell yea. all i can say is when i was at the petstore i was seriously looking at a crested till i saw the little bugger in the cage byherself. i went home did alot of research and bought her a week later totally knowing of their history of biting and temperment but she stole my heart at first glance. now my life is totally around keeping her happy and knowing shes happy keeps me happy. Ohh and the bark is great to hear when they do it :D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. brendywendy

not at 4 A.M its not!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. lambrettaguy80

lambrettaguy80 New Member

hehe at 4am when i am home all i hear is her crawling on her cage ceiling she only barks at me when i try to pick her up if i had a male i would still love the barking sound. But then again im also nocturnal :D

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. brendywendy

will do a single bark to warn me off, but the 4 am bark goes on for twenty mins and is the whole mating call i think, think he'll struggle to attract many females in berkshire, u.k!
    i have to get up and turn the light on, and open the door to make him stop!its so loud it sometimes wakes up my house mates

and im pretty nocturnal, but 4 a.m is taking it too far!

12. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

lol, sorry guys..I still dont get it. I will stick to my docile, less lethal herps, lol;) I think that Tokays are a special gecko for a special person, lol

13. brendywendy

but theyre lovely
    just misunderstood!

14. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

lol, lovely like a serial killer, jk, They are quite beautiful.

15. marcus

marcus New Member

yeah they are a misunderstood beautiful herp. I love my tokay croc. hes name dthis because hes vicous but hes cute!

16. brendywendy

so cute, he watches me all night from his cage, dont know if hes just interested, or hungry!