Why did he just change collors??

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by treyclash13, Apr 13, 2009.

1. treyclash13

treyclash13 New Member

so yeah... the 2 uros have been upgraded to from the 55 gallons and have an amazing basking spot now and r running around n there like 2 craziez.... I am just wonder why in the past 24 hours his WHOLE back went from back to YELLOW!!!!??? wats up with that lol?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. justkev

justkev Hi :) Staff Member

you are doing something right

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bruno

bruno Moderator

We always try to impress on people the importance of getting the setup right.
    Here we have living proof.
    Healthy animals showing their true colours.
    Well Done.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. treyclash13

treyclash13 New Member

sweet... so thats good. i just had to rearrange their basking area lol. they burrowed under the granite and i got scared one of the pieces fel on the female so i put it to were they have limited burrowing and if they do burrow under them they can do so safely ;) i had to move them while they were sleeping and he wuld stay still until i put him next to her and they could sleep together... theyre so n love.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. bruno

bruno Moderator

It's very important to have all rocks etc on the floor of tank NOT on the substrate.
    That way they cant burrow under them and cause them to fall and injury your uro's.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Kt_has_her_first_lizard

Kt_has_her_first_lizard New Member

I know my uro gets super yellow when hes running around or when i take him out of his tank andl et him run on the floor he looks like a different lizard almost!

12. MimC

MimC Moderator

As the others stated - bright colors mean good things - usually good temps and overall that the animals are not feelng too stressed. This is all good stuff!

As far as the burrowing - bruno is right that its extremely important to have secure hides. If you are using a loose substrate them all hides should be placed directly on the glass bottom of the cage - and the sand filled in around them. These guys are good burrowers so you should never ever ever have hides on top of the sand.

13. treyclash13

treyclash13 New Member

well i gots that taken care of now. they love their little basking area.... they chill there all day and sleep under it all night and ive made it stable so were all good now.