Why does a quick bath work so well???

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by Bokelana, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Bokelana

Bokelana New Member

every time i put my lil savy in the tub he swims around for a while...and when its time to come out ..he seems as nice as could be. is it because he is so tiered or what???does the same thing happen with ya'lls savs???

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. varanidfan

varanidfan New Member

yes, that would be exhaustion and stress, more so if he is smaller, it seems to bother larger monitors less.
    your water may be too deep perhaps, keep an eye out.
    later
    scottM

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. SavannahQueen

SavannahQueen New Member

I put both my baby sav's in a nice warm bath and its not too deep and they are in better moods when they come out aswell they calm alot.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Bokelana

Bokelana New Member

i know my water isnt too deep cause he can stand and swim as he pleases. but yeh he/she is only bout 1 ft. and once i took him out and he was blowing water bubbles with his nose and mouse and kinda gurgulling this wus super scary...i think he look some water in...uh-oh...i havent put him in the tub since then (acouple weeks ago) but i might try again 2day

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. reptoboy

reptoboy Embryo

i am new to keeping a baby sav , but not new to keeping reptiles big and small. if you pick any reptile out of luke warm water soaking wet then they will become cold very quick, and as a result they will become inactive, they are not calm. i use this to my advantage if im handling an aggresive reptile. let them have a soak or let their body temp drop to room temp you will see a diffrence in any reptile in my opinion.