Why hello everyone.

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by ajlista, Oct 7, 2012.

1. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

Despite my strong efforts, shaggy's mouth rot is now back, he is severely skiny, and has trouble using the bathroom. My current last last resort as i feel he will no longer be able to pull through cause the last time he ate was like july? 5 mealworms, before that maybe may? well yeah, so i'm going to give forcefeeding a shot, while giving him medication, maybe that will do something. Any recomendations on if i should force feed first then medicine or medicine first?
    Thanks alot guys.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. LittleLeopard

LittleLeopard New Member

Hmm this is a diffecult one as no matter what you do your going to stress Shaggy out even if its for the good of him. He needs to eat and he needs the meds. I think that if he has some food in his belly he'll respond to the meds more and it will help line his stomach so it'll be easyer for his body to digest the food. Id feed then med him.

ajlista likes this.
  4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. tokaygirl55

tokaygirl55 New Member

I don't mean to sound like an animal abuser here, but I think the best thing to do for shaggy now is to put him down. It seems like he's suffering a lot. I know how hard it is to lose a friend. :( But for now, keep trying to help him pull through! Ask you're vet on his opinion...