Why not to Keep Crix in your Reptiles Tank(disturbing pics)

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by gex236, Jun 30, 2005.

1. gex236

gex236 Well-Known Member

I don't want to offend anyone with these pics or anything but there are a lot of questions around the boards on why crix must be removed. I just want to help people and there animals out. So sorry if anyone doesn't agree with this post
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. BSB

BSB Well-Known Member

Thats pretty nasty poor little guy :D

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. gex236

gex236 Well-Known Member

i know, some people's ignorance is terrible. maybe this post can help some people prevent this...

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. the__crow__x

the__crow__x Embryo

ya really u would think people would take better care of there beardie

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ecko_996

ecko_996 Member

Just so no one gets upset i guess i will let you all know these pics are from kakadudragons.com an awsome breeder with lots of great beardie information.

Bradon

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. alison1

alison1 Member

Oh the poor thing! Ignorance is a terrible thing!

12. herpfreak08

herpfreak08 Embryo

that is negligence pure n simple how can anyone let that happen to their animals?

13. coolfool

coolfool New Member

some people should do some research before getting a pet like what we are trying to prevent hear thanks fore this info the newbies shold not make this mistake nowe think howe maney you helped? i persinaly dont have aney outher animal outher than my new bp as of july 4 but its always good to no stuff so if i see some one post a question i could help them even though i am not in that trade

14. Ternaldo

Ternaldo New Member

Makes me feel sad and horrible on how someone could do that to a such a beautiful animal :D

15. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

thats a really sick beardie to be left with crix for that long a time

16. Kiwi

Kiwi Embryo

That's horrible. The poor thing... D:

17. dianedfisher

dianedfisher New Member

Sorry to disagree, but that beardie had to have been very sick to start with. Crickets appropriately sized to the reptile being fed, coupled with water and food offering for the crickets would preclude the crickets from bothering the beardie at all. They would much rather eat veggies than reptiles!

18. Itsdan2345

Itsdan2345 Member

YOUR WRONG!!!!!

i sincerely doubt that it was ill to begin with...the crickets would feed on your beardie at night as the beardie will be asleep, especially as there shouldnt be that much water in the vivarium, as the beardie probably likes being squirted with water everyday, so there wouldnt be that much water, and anyway some people dont feed the crickets while in with the beardie. sorry to spoil your answer. :D

19. jo_edwards

jo_edwards New Member

i think it is just ignorance. i remove livefood - but i put more fresh veg in on an evening just incase there's anything left in there that i haven't spotted. as has been said they'd rather eat fresh food they're just hungry. i think people just dont realise - but they will now hopefully

20. Cira

Cira Member

oh wow, poor little guy :)

21. ChamBreeder2005

ChamBreeder2005 New Member

My little breaded dragon got here toes bitten off by a crix. And that was after her boy friend had bitten of her to largest toes so I feed them crix in a dish.

22. brandonbb89

brandonbb89 New Member

owww poor little fellow.

23. Freaky_pete

Freaky_pete Well-Known Member

I think a separite tank for feeding is good.. no matter if u have sand in or not...

24. General48

General48 Member

that disgusts me.

25. jami

jami Member

i think this comes from people seeing stores put crix in with animals and we ALL KNOW *they* dont teach anything they just want to sell sell sell