Winter blues = new snake :D

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by punkrck1013, Jan 20, 2007.

1. punkrck1013

punkrck1013 Member

So it's been a long boring winter without snow which means no snow boarding. So to cure my winter blues I am treating myself to the next snake on my wishlist: an Irian Jaya carpet python!! I am so excited! Here is a picture of my future baby!

[​IMG]

I can't wait to get her!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

Sweet! I love my IJ, he's a great little snake. He just hit the 3' mark too!!! Where is this girl coming from? She's very pretty, I like her pattern a lot, I'm not such a fan of the reduced patterns...the 'wild' look is very interesting. Good luck with her, when does she arrive?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. punkrck1013

punkrck1013 Member

Well actually it's all thanks to your Ira J that I started looking at these and I fell in love. I should be getting her Tuesday from two people that breed them at a place called North American Reptile Connection. I have an extra tank so when I saw her, I couldn't help myself, lol.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. spix14

spix14 Member

Ah, I want one. She's beautiful!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. burky_tc

burky_tc Member

Congrats on the IJ. I was wanting to get a pair this coming summer but couldnt wait. So I have been treating myself this winter also and have my future pair of Bredls pythons coming whenever it warms up.

Cant wait for some pics when you get him.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. burky_tc

burky_tc Member

I thought I had seen that snake somewhere. Just saw the ad on kingsnake...is that the price you are getting him for"?

12. punkrck1013

punkrck1013 Member

Yeah should be, plus 40 for shipping. That was one of the reasons I couldn't resist besides the fact that she is beautiful. She is captive bred last year, and they say that she has a pretty good temperment too. I am pretty much going to give them another day and if they don't answer me they obviously don't want my bussiness, but there is someone else I am talking to about one, so either way, it's just a matter of price becuse they both are equally good snakes.

13. corey

corey Well-Known Member

Cool! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing!

Corey

14. burky_tc

burky_tc Member

Ya well hopefully things will work out. I am picking my guys up froma a breeder and he just told me to call him and discuss things. Its nice when you have people like that and really want your business.

I am waiting to put my second payment in this coming week and then wait for some decent weather so he can ship my little guys out.

Well keep us updated and I am off to get ready to push snow for the night...ugh!

15. punkrck1013

punkrck1013 Member

So who is the breeder you are getting yours from? Just curious. I never heard back from the people so now I am looking to buy from the Amazon Reptile Center. have you ever heard of them? I hope they are better than the last people I wanted to buy from. I can't wait to see pictures of yours!

16. Clementine_3

I got Ira from Steve at Serpent's Den, he has an ad on Kingsnake now for a hot little female, she's $150 plus shipping. His site seems to be messed up right now, but he loves to talk on the phone! He's a real nice guy, if that is in your budget you would not go wrong giving him a call :D

17. burky_tc

burky_tc Member

Well when I was looking at IJ's I was taling to the guys from Striking Serpents. They are local and I got my HET albino ball from them last year. They produce some high quality IJ's though. Clem should know what I am talking about.

We finally got snow last weekend and this weekend so my final payments for my Bredls will be sometime next week. Ya I got 3 hours of sleep last night....woke up at 2 am....drove to work and got there a little before 3 am and got done pushing snow by 3 pm. 12 hours of snow is ugh! I kept thinking about my new snakes though and it kept me going.

So now just waiting for some decent weather and will be able to put some pics up. I a m getting my Bredls from Nick Mutton at Inland Reptiles.

18. Clementine_3

Striking Serpents and Inland Reptiles produce some amazing Carpets, I would buy from either without hesitation. Unreal animals being produced by both...but I actually like the 'wild' look, they mostly produce reduced patterns. Oh, if I ever decide to get a girlfriend for Ira.... :)

19. burky_tc

burky_tc Member

BUMP for an update! Any luck with getting a new little guy?

20. punkrck1013

punkrck1013 Member

I am waiting on the weather right now. The guy I ended up deciding to order it from is in Texas and apparently they've had freezing weather there, so I was going to give it a week or 2 to warm up. I can't wait!!!! So now I am going start setting up his cage with nifty stuff so it'll look even more awesome when I do get him. I will for sure post pictures as soon as I possibly can :lol: I can't wait!

21. burky_tc

burky_tc Member

Sounds good! I am waiting on weather also. My little ones are being setup in tubs for now so they have been ready for a few days with temp and such but could be up to a few weeks before I get them!

22. Fiddlinboy

Fiddlinboy New Member

how much do they cost?

23. Clementine_3

Like anything, it depends where you get it and how good it's 'blood lines' are and the amount of pattern, or lack thereof these days. They start at around $100 and go way, way up from there!

24. burky_tc

burky_tc Member

Yes very way up from there! I wish my purchase was somewhere near a $100 or even the last payment I am making this week.

I would say gain experience though before purchasing any Spilotas. They are an awesome snakes but beware can be very addictive!