Woma

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by LewsKinslayer0, Aug 6, 2005.

1. LewsKinslayer0

LewsKinslayer0 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know anything about these guys? I found them on the acereptiles site. I like the look of them and am thinking of getting one or two after I move out. Which will probably be in a few years, but was wondering if anyone here has any knowledge of them yet.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. tjhallock

tjhallock Member

I don't have any official experience with these guys but I know that they fit in with the Aspidites species (which also includes Black Head Pythons), and are sometimes called the "Sand Python." They inhabit desert land areas of Australia too, so humidity is not a major factor. That's about all I know about their basics. Do a google search and some info should come up. :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. LewsKinslayer0

I have, and can't really find much other than those basics. That and they are new to the pet trade so are expensive right now. But I'll try searching Sand Python and see what else I come up with. Just thought I'd see if anyone here has any experiance with them.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. improvius

improvius New Member

Lots of people seem to be breeding them now. I'd expect prices to drop pretty well over the next couple of years.

-Imp

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Bakes

Bakes New Member

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. stevetims

stevetims New Member

12. kavinos

kavinos Member

Paul Harris snakes are nice, if not a little pricey. Have you thought about going to germany and getting one from a show?

13. LewsKinslayer0

Not for me, kind of a long trip. I am thinking I'll have to buy from an american breeder and ship to Canada since none of the Canadian breeders have any. But you never know who will have them in a few years which is when I'll be able to get one.

14. improvius

improvius New Member

Don Patterson has some. Did you try him yet? I'm sure there are other Canadian breeders with Womas, too.

-Imp