woohooo I'm stoked !!!!

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by camo_pants, Nov 25, 2006.

1. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

Today Chewy ate 3 silkworms out of my gloved hand !!!!! yeehaw. I step closer to holding her !!!!
    [​IMG]
    i'm so excited! :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Cavemanpets

Cavemanpets Well-Known Member

RE: woohooo I

Thats awesome! I love that pic too! shes a gorgeous gecko!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

thanks! I love her. she's a lot bigger now but I don't want to bore everyone with the same pics over and over. I just got offered another female for free and apparently she's friendly and handleable

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

whoops I think this pic is too big :|

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Reptile_Mann

Reptile_Mann New Member

Awesome pic, congrats for her, so she doesnt bite you or anything??

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

she has given me some warning barks but that's about it. she lets me change her substrate, water, vacuum out the tank and now she eats off my hand (with gloves on i'm chicken). I've had her since she was 2 weeks old.....she's pretty used to me

12. Zeuse

Zeuse New Member

So you never take her? I mean can you put her in your hands without her biting?

13. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

I have pet her on her head for about 2 minutes in between her eyes and no she didn't bite me. I am still too chicken to pick her up, I don't want her to lose my trust. I just touched her for the first time about 2 weeks ago

14. Zeuse

Zeuse New Member

Well your getting there! Continue doing what you do and you will be able to pick her up soon I am sure! But if you do pick her up the trick is to put your hand in front of her and push her into it with your other hand. If your lucky you can slid your hand under the gecko and pick her up if it doesn't run away. If you do pick her up like that dont close her hand on her unless you have your hand close to her neck it wont bit you that way cause they are very flexibe :shock: lol. Im lucky I can pick mine up. They usually climb on my shirt and sit on my shoulders for a while. Well good luck and it's nice to see that you care for your Tokays! Nice going!

15. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

I think she will freak out and run up my arm LOL then I will have a heart attack. thanks for the tip though I was wondering how to go about it. I will be wearing gloves so it doesn't matter if she bites me. I'm more worried of her taking off. when i do pick her up it will be in my bathroom so if she does get loose she will be somewhat contained. I would love to see some pics of you with your tokay chillin on your shoulder

16. Reptile_Mann

Reptile_Mann New Member

Yea just keep on handling her and once shes an adult maybe she will grow to like you alot better and you dont gotta worry about her biting you, ya know.

17. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

okay lastnight I got my hand under her chest but she just jumped to the other side of the tank. No bites and no barks PHEW!!! this is exciting! will be strange to get the new tokay though. taking so much time here with Chewy and then I get one that is already friendly & handleable will be strange!

18. Zeuse

Zeuse New Member

Thats really a good sign if it didn't get mad at you! I'm sure your be able to pick her cause she doesn't look that agressive héhe, it's sure I don't have her in front of me though. Keeping your gloves is a good idea because it will give you confidence in yourself! Once you get used to her then you can take them off cause if she ever tries to run away, then you will be more confident to pick her up with gloves. Try to push her in your hand in her tanks just for fun, you will see if she is willing to stay in it. Once she is off the ground she might just stay in your hand. If ever you are really tierd of her and she is not cooperating and you tried everything you can do, try to pick her and circle her neck with your hand, they often freeze. Then you put her on her back in your hand. If you are able this means she is submissive to you. I only tried it once in the beginning to si if it would work and I got the craziest pictures to show you. He plays the dead and has it real good. I would try it if nothing else works but since it seems to be going well don't try it for now. If you want to give me your e-mail I can send you the pictures by e-mail cause they are to big to put on the sit and I don't have a program to change the format! Sorry for the long story lol I just want to give you the experience I have had with mine, well I hope it helps and don't loose hope!

19. NoisyJoisy

NoisyJoisy New Member

thats awesome, i just got a new tokay, prob just a few weeks old but hes fast as hell and has an attitude to match... how old is yours?? do you try to handle/hand feed him everyday?? id like mine to be as "tame" as possible too... but im afraid id stress him out

20. Reptile_Mann

Reptile_Mann New Member

Hey NoisyJoisy, so im kinda guessing that your tokay is bred too eh, how much u get yours for??

21. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

I have to say that's one cute tokay. Most pictures that I've seen make the tokays look pretty evil. I hope you have good luck working with her.

22. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

thanks. yeah my tokay looks pretty friendly in all the pics I take of her.....in time hopefully she'll be as friendly as she looks lol

23. NoisyJoisy

NoisyJoisy New Member

yeah, got mine for 12 big ones$$ at an expo

24. Liquid_Squelch

Liquid_Squelch New Member

Hey Noisy, what expo... and when?

25. NoisyJoisy

NoisyJoisy New Member

new york metro in white plains nov 26th