woohooo I'm stoked !!!!

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by camo_pants, Nov 25, 2006.

1. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

k well i held her tonight. she wasn't thrilled with the idea and striked at me a few times and barked her head off while I tried to pick her up. Once I had her she had her mouth open for a few secs but then closed it. I held her while I cleaned her cage with the other hand and when i finished I put my hand in the cage open. she sat on my hand for a min and then I ran my thumb down her back. she barked and jumped off my hand and that was that.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Liquid_Squelch

Liquid_Squelch New Member

Camo.... Congrats on holding her!!! Now you can be officially STOKED!!

Noisy... I picked up 2 Tokays back in June, same place. I'm just wondering what vender you purchased from..
    Keep an eye on them.. and you may want to take them to be dewormed.
    FYI.. mine didn't make it! I paid about the same price.

After my first two went to the giant aquarium turned reptile tank in the sky, I purchased 2 more from the local guy (D&J Reptiles)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. NoisyJoisy

NoisyJoisy New Member

really?? thanks for the heads up LS, im pissed i cant remember the vendor, were they juveniles when you got them? wheres D&J?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Liquid_Squelch

I can't remember the vender either. All I can remember is they were against the wall..... the same side as where the bathrooms are. SO if you walked into the front door, and went left, hit the bathroom area, and went right.. they were on the left hand side. They had small geckos and snakes there. D&J is in Seaford. Where are you located?? On Long Island?

Hey Camo, any more luck?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

Well I held her again tonight. This time it did not go so well. Man Chewy is strong. She finally latched down on my glove. It was very strange to see cause her eyes totally sunk back into her head! She was thrashing up a storm and I was worried I was going to drop her and she'd be gone (I had her out of the tank). I put her back in the tank and she was acting very very weird after. She kept on looking at me like she was asking" how come you put me back ??? I'll go upload the pics so you can see....there are quite a few.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Liquid_Squelch

Hook us up!!

I've only been bitten once, and through a pair of gloves. I used to handle my sick Tokays every night, so they got very used to being held.
    What kind of gloves are you using??

12. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

13. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

I've got some really thick fleece gloves. I thought she light like them better than leather ones cause they are soft. It doesn't hurt when she bites me but I can feel the pressure

14. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

oops I meant to say "might like them better". haha these pics look like she wants me to pick her back up. She was really acting strange after.

15. NoisyJoisy

NoisyJoisy New Member

north jersey, unfortunately that sounds like the same vendor, prob should get my little guy checked out, nice looking tokay camo

16. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

I don't know camo, that one picture with her tongue sticking out looks like she might want to eat you. :)

17. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

haha I agree. Today I moved her to a new enclosure and she tried to bite me through the glass!!! I think she's stressed from the move but I think she'll be happier now.

18. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

ok new discovery........she is a HE !!!!

19. Zeuse

Zeuse New Member

Wow! What a discovery lol :shock: . Well I wish you good luck with HIM and I hope he settles down soon and that he lets you pick him up! Keep up the good work!

20. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

everytime i pick him up he hates me more LOL. I don't think i'll be trying to feedhim out of my bare hands again for a long time