worman

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by Tokaylove, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Tokaylove

Tokaylove Member

I dont know if I should have posted this in the feeder forum or not but anyway Has anyone ordered crickets and or worms from www.wormman.com ? We ordered some and the service was not very good at all, now I dont know if it was due to the holidays or not so if anyone has any experience please share. The prices are good but the shipping was aweful they put are box of worms in the outside mailbox and left the crickets on the doorstep with no note or anything good thing we checked the mail that day or they would have froze :(

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. zenreptiles

zenreptiles New Member

I have ordered from them once. The prices are way too high for what I can get them for. I had ordered 1000 mealworms and I think it cost me a total of $20 something with shipping. I can get them for $7 with shipping.

The shipping has nothing to do with the company though. I just ordered 1000 crickets from my usual supplier and the delivery company, DHL, left the box, which was labeled in big red letters not to leave in cold conditions, out in a pile of 2 ft of snow. They were left under the porch, and I had been waiting all day for the delivery guy to knock or ring the doorbell. All those crickets died.
    I had a similar experience when DHL/Airborne Express left a package with a live gecko in it in the snow on the doorstep of my apt complex at the time. I found out it was outside when I called the delivery company with my tracking number and they told me it was left on the doorstep. That gecko didn't survive.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Tokaylove

Tokaylove Member

Im pretty much really anoyed with DHL more then wormman, he was just a little slow.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. zenreptiles

zenreptiles New Member

Yeah, DHL is really bad. They have lost packages of mine in the past and I never got reimbursed. I usually make it a point to make sure the company doesn't use DHL before I get things shipped now. Especially live animals.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Tokaylove

Tokaylove Member

well I will remember that now thanks

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. zenreptiles

zenreptiles New Member

That works too. But in my case, I have so many mouths to feed, it's actually cheaper for me to by in bulk of 1000s. I can get crix, mealies and waxies once a month all for about $25.

12. BSB

BSB Well-Known Member

I have ordered from grubco, and another company before, and they both were great. Grubco sells a sack of one thousand mealworms for ten dollars shipped. Both times the worms were shipped through USPS, and every thing was fine.

13. Tokaylove

Tokaylove Member

I work at petsmart but I too have way too many mouths to feed even with my discount its too expensive.

14. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

Moved to the feeder forum.
    Wormman seems to have mixed results. I personally have not bought from them but there are several people who have had negative experiences with them and some who had no problems.

15. Shelley1063

Shelley1063 Member

I have all my "live" shipments sent via FedEx and have the shipment "held for customer pickup". FedEx & UPS are just as bad about leaving packages on your porch without so much as ringing the doorbell, even when your front door is open !!!! If you have a FedEx or UPS terminal nearby you might give this a try, it's worked great for me. I don't have to worry about my shipment running around on a cold or hot truck all day and the package simply being left on my doorstep :)

16. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

I've used wormman once and wasn't too happy with things. It's possible it was the USPS's fault, but their customer service wasn't that fantastic. I've used superwormfarm since and I've no problems. I have no idea how their customer service is, as I've never had a problem to call about. Just the way I like it.

17. reptilesrock

reptilesrock Member

I ordered from Grubco and my worms were d.o.a. (too cold i guess). Called and they did refund my money for the worms but not the $9 shipping fee - so I paid $9 for a bunch of dead worms! Yuck.

18. cooper4220

cooper4220 New Member

i ordered 1000 crickets from my local lll reptile, and when i used to buy mealworms, i noticed it said rainbow meal worms, and when i gt the package,it said rainbow on it, then it said live crickets, i went to a feed store like 1 mile away from my house, but they only sold things for farms, and they told me to go to rainbow,and they told me where it was, so i went,and asked for crickets, they asked how much and i said five dollars worth, and they gave me 1000 crickets!
    i asked them if they sold to petco or lll reptile and they said yes, and they offered me 5000 crickets for 15 dollars, that's how much i used to pay from buying 1000 crickets online, so i go there all the time, and i just noticed it was half a mile from my house, and 1/8 of a mile from my grandpa's ranch. we have lived there for so many years and it is until now that i discovered the place.

19. Lizardwizard

Lizardwizard New Member

zen where do you order from?