Wormman.com: 1000 ea. Crix & Mealies = $23.10 inc. shipp

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by Gekka, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Gekka

Gekka New Member

http://www.wormman.com/pd_1000_crickets_and.cfm

wormman.com is offering a deal, 1000 crix and 1000 mealies for $23.10. Good news is that total includes shipping. $23.10 to have 2k bugs shipped to your door with a gaurantee of their survival and a 10% overcount. It seems like a great price and I was interested, and wondering if anyone else had ordered from them. What's their track reacord like?

Also, how are their lobster roaches? Yummy? Easy to care for? Fairly priced? Think a picky, crix spoiled leo might convert? I need to get him on something more nutritious and he won't eat mealies, supers, or anything else really.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Krepoort

Krepoort Member

Here's a recent thread in the Leo Forum.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Gekka

Gekka New Member

Thanks! Hadn't seen that one yet.

So the only problem is timeliness in shipping and a few order mixups? I'm in no rush and as long as the feeders are clean and they're willing to fix any mistakes.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Omg... shipping is definately their problem... and they need to be more organized... I FINALLY recived my whole order over a month after I had ordered it.... it of course took them not even w whole day to charge my account,... but sending me the right things? FOREVER! lol

Eventually everything did get to me... I wound up ordering things from cricketfood.com, phoenixworms.com, AND herpfood.com and it all was ordered and got to me quicker than anything that came from wormman.

I would say great prices... but personally I don't think I will order from them again because just for the few extra bucks to order from another site I know I will at least be getting what I ordered WITHIN THE MONTH!! lol

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Gekka

Gekka New Member

Stiky, what do you reccommend out of the three then? I was hoping to score 1k each for under $30 including shipping. My geckos are very important to me, as is their health, but I'm in no rush to get them because I already have a mealie culture going and a steady supply of other foods.

Does anyone have a reccomendation on live foods other than crix for Rex? I was thinking he might like roaches. So far he's snubbed mealies, waxies, supers and even live pinkies.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

I would go for phoenix worms if he is not an adult... my adults dont care for them, i think they are too small.
    I would also try maybe butter worms and silkies from herpfood.com I have always gotten them from there and have yet to have a problem (knock on wood, lol)

12. bez89

bez89 New Member

i ordered the special deal from wormman.com on tuesday and they arrived tooday. what do i put the meal worms in? they arrived in a bag with a crumbled up piece of newspaper. also what do i feed them and how long will they live?

13. kinonai

kinonai Member

Gekka...I don't know who you've been talking to, but crickets are fine as a staple....

Bez89...learn to use Google.

14. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

Perhaps Gekka just doesn't want crickets around and knows the nutritional value of them. There are other more nutritious feeders than crickets and it appears she (?) would like to use them.
    "learn to use Google" is helpful how again? If you don't know the answer or aren't willing to share then don't respond.

Mealies need bedding to live in, the best is at www.cricketfood.com They need carrot or lettuce for moisture too. You can store them in the fridge, but have to take them our periodically to let them eat/drink. Be sure to take them out at least 24-48 hours prior to feeding your pets though. If you leave them out all the time you can easily breed them.

15. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

kinonai, learn to read the site rules. Here allow me to quote the rule specific to this completely useless post of yours.

"If somebody posts asking a question, do not tell users to "Google it". If you feel this is the only way you can respond to a specific post, then simply do not respond."

Thank you for your understanding and future compliance of this rule.