wormman

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by Herpdude_24, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Herpdude_24

Herpdude_24 Member

I personallyl do not like wormman, and I believe tht RR has tested their crickets and they apparently have diseases. But they sell a product called "soldier fly". At first, I thouht this was just a ripoff of phoenix worms, which are the larvae of the "BLACK soldier fly." I was wondering if anyone knew what they really were? they are worth double what they are, as they are both supposedly nutritional for reptile and are good composting worms. (supposedly better than earthworms)

http://www.wormman.com/cat_soldiergrubs.cfm

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. lollapalooza

lollapalooza Member

I have no idea what they are, but I'd take whatever it is from first impression with a grain of salt coming from wormman.com

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. surfrider561

surfrider561 New Member

I had a bad experience with WORMMAN that had to do with shipping and a complete lace of communication. anyways,there are better alternatives for feeders..my two cents

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. redzombie40

redzombie40 New Member

i had the same problem, they didnt ship, and responded about a month later about the problem.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Reptyle

Reptyle Embryo

I ordered a 1000 mealworms and they all were DOA......just pathetic. Never again will I order from them. Now I have to go to the local petshop and buy a couple hundered for my leopard geckos.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. 789

789 New Member

Wow, I've never had a problem with them accept for all the extra bugs that came in with the feeders. Like fuzzy catapillars and beetles and stuff. Now those bugs have infested all my roach bins and I can't get rid of them.

Sounds like Phoenix worms to me, but I think that name is trade marked so they couldn't use it. From what I remember reading about soldier flies is that they like manure more than food scraps.

12. Reptyle

Reptyle Embryo

Wormman is a joke. First time I ordered a few weeks ago....they sent me everything I ordered no problems. I ordered from them last week again and they just sent my crickets but not the 1000 mealworms I ordered nor the phoenix worms. I was furious. I sent them and email and sent my my phoenix worms but still didn't send my mealworms. I'm done with them. I went with Ghan Crickets and they are very good.

13. Lessers

Lessers Member

i had a great experiance with the wormman, they came on time and were all alive...ALTHOUGH, if i had read up on them more i would have never had ordered from them, i even tryed to cancle but it was too late. i was one of the few who had a correct order. I think like stated above someone tested their crickets and they had desieses. I think ive read over two hundred bad orders from them, and about 10 good ones.