Worms

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by Sobe, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Sobe

Sobe New Member

Sobe my BT has worms :shock: . Two came out when she defacated this evening. They appear to be round worms, (not segmented for what I can see so I dont think they are tapes). Well I want to save my self the $75 for the vet visit and the $35 for the fecal and just treat her myself. So what is a good wormer that I can buy to treat her with myself (I prefer a broad spectrum that will kill any other nematodes she may have).

She is still eating, eating and eating and is acting like her normal sweet self. She defacates every day and this is the first time I have seen worms. Ps. She is now 37" and 4 pounds. When she came a month or so ago she was 30" and 1.5 pounds.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. mcfreshdeli

mcfreshdeli New Member

i dont know of anything that i would suggest for it. a vet may be your only way. plus most wormers have to be injected i think.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. rhinoviper3

rhinoviper3 New Member

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Sobe

Sobe New Member

I know they are a species of round worms but not sure which. They are long, slender, round bodied worms. Look like the ones you would see a puppy pass. From what I read on the pancure it should do the trick. She has seen the vet before when I first got her and her fecal was clean at that visit and before I got her she was suppose to have been treated 2x with the pancure. Fyi she is a wild caught so it doesnt suprise me, just doesnt make me happy lol. I brought the worms with me to work today (I'm a Rn and work in a hospital) and put them under a scope and they are definatly round worms. So I will use the pancure, I was just wondering if there was any other products out there that might be better.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. MintyHippo

MintyHippo Member

What type of monitor do you have?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Sobe

Sobe New Member

BT

Minty in first post.....BT (black throat) :twisted:

12. wifwef

wifwef Embryo

Strongid (brand name for pyrantel pamoate) is effective against roundworms, and is cheap. It's dosed at 1 ml per 10 pounds of bodyweight for dogs and cats. You can probably get it locally from anyplace that sells horse/livestock stuff, as it's marketed for cattle ;)

Steph