Worried

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by Icarus321, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Icarus321

Icarus321 New Member

Hi everyone,
    Well tomorrow it'll be exactly a week since I brought Icarus home, and I haven't seen him poo yet. I think he's been eating a little bit these past 2 days but it hasn't been much at all. I'm starting to get worried about the little guy. Could it be that he's still stressed out? I know sometimes when I or a family member enter his room he can still be a bit skiddish. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

It can take a white for them to adjust. These guys do not do well with change, and they often refuse to eat when stressed by changes. I would give it some more time. Moe (my 4 yr old mali) just went off his greens a couple weeks ago. He went well over a week without eating. I got him eating again by offering a warm frozen pea mash (as suggested by Pat). This worked really well, and now he is as big a pig as ever. You may want to try this, but keep in mind that change is very stressful for them. Covering the tank on all four sides is another way of helping them settle in. Good luck and keep us posted!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. AshleyNicole

AshleyNicole Embryo

Don't handle him until he starts eating regularly. I know this can be hard because they are new and you want to see what they are like but it is best for you and your mali if he is as unstressed as possible. I also agree with covering 4 sides of his enclosure and if not 4 sides, atleast 3. Try to only put your hands in the enclosure to remose feces and remove or put in the food dish:) Good luck!