WTF!!!!!!!! I NEED HELP (ONCE AGAIN UGH)

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by monitormanz319, Aug 31, 2005.

1. monitormanz319

monitormanz319 New Member

Ok well i have 3 anoles 1 male 2 females so since day one my male has been showing me female his dewlap(guessing wants him some anole butt lol) so they were green now there only green when there sleeping and now there brown all day long :D and info on that? so today my female is showing female is dewlap again so she bobs her head back and they keep doing that(there brown noww) so then he gets near her and she runes whats up with that? she is always doing this IS SHE TUATING HIM!!!!!!? she will get so close to him then when he gets a lil more closer she runs! please help, right now there both on the glass and he is moving to try to get next to her and she will probably just run please help

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. goldanole

goldanole New Member

sounds like the male is in the mood for mating but the female is not.If females aren't ready to mate they will run from the male.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Fable

Fable New Member

You should go out and buy like a 10 gallon tranfer your male to that leave the male in the existing one and let them cool down. Are you sure of the ages of the females because one could be a male and male anoles lose that white strip after a year but females keep this there whole life and its possible that you have a male under a year and the larger male knows it.

Fable

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. monitormanz319

so if the male is ready will he turn green? im just wondering he seems ready but he is brown not as much as earlier i will tell u why in a second but if the female issnt ready why will she bob her head back when he does? and she follows him some times is she teasing?? Also i made a fake like rock wall today nothing big and fancy just got some styofoam and cut it in shapes i liked and painted it took about 1 hour total then i just crazy glued it to tank its about 6 differnt peices then can clim on and ever since i made it my male and the female he likes goes on it and my male is on it now while im writing he is looking down and he is brown my other female not the one he wants to breed with she hasnt been on it she is shy she likes to hide alot

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Fable

Fable New Member

well what im saying is the "female" you say may be a male under a year that has the white strip and hasn't develpoed his dewlap and that "female" is being territorial back.

Fable

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. monitormanz319

well hey wellas for the anoles they have always been brown dark dark brown and bearly the will turn light brown so i got fed up with there tank and everything it got wet(soil) damp damp and it started to stink and there were dead mealies in there and just to much so ive changed my book shelf into a huge cage for them it is 30 inches long 26 high and about 14 wide it only houses 3 anoles how many u think could fit in there? there r tons of plants so they can hide its like a huge maze for them i have 1 huge plant and 3 other nice size ones with a waterfall and baskin spot there r crix in the cage small ones thats two problems about that one they can escape they r small crickets two will b hard for them to find them so im almost done with it i been working out it for 4 hours so far i just cant figure out how to put a door i had a mesh door but it just isnt working i need to put a mesh door but besides that since they been in there ive seen my male he is a bright breen ive seen one my females she is green and other female was a light browiish greenish so give it about tomorrow they all will b green and bettter b happy also curious about them escaping i hope they dont but if it works out do u think 2 more females can fit in there? if u have any ideas or wat i can do to make a mesh door would help tons and its not like i can wait till tomorrow to get reply because there in cage now so i need to do this door as in now fast cant put them back in old cage looks horrible/ i will never catch them its to well planted

12. Fable

Fable New Member

Um i would need to see a pic of the enclosure before i could determine how many can comfortably fir in there. Oh by the way are your anoles still brown??

Fable

13. monitormanz319

well i just did there cage over today i didnt like the mesh part at all i still have mesh now but it looks way better than before well as for cage bottom is wood both sides r wood back is wood and front is mesh i know mesh doesnt hold much humidity in but they seem ok and i mist it about 4 times a day and right now they all are green and as for cage i will try to get pic soon but in my opinion i would say 6 could fit comfortaly but if cramped id say 10 but i wouldnt put 10 way to many id say maybe 5-6 most looks comfortaly to me :) so they seem to be doing good as for food they ate 1 large crix ec except my male but this was only once when i first got them which was like 5 or 6 days now and they ate 1 mealie but not male once again is that good the amount they ar eating? they seem good and if i can fit more im thinking about getting him 2 more females but not now anyway and if they happen to have eggs should i leave it? it wont b excalty under the heat because most likely she would lay it in one of the plant pot and baskin spot is more higher on a 30 inch wood so they have tons of space but when they bask they go on it some times but they usally go on the plants near it :) trying to make my anoles as happy as possible because most people take them as just little 5 buck lizards not really nice how most people treat them one dude i know, i was speaking to him before i got my anoles i say u think 3 can fit ok in a 10 gallon? he goes u can have up to 10 im like ok but in my mind im like what a loser he is another one of those people who just think sicne there small who cares they dont need room (hope your not reading this lol) but try to make the best for all my herps not many but i currently have

1.1 bp (not sure if u say m. f or f.m but im using m.f
    1 nile(sex not sure)
    1.2 anoles

when i turn 18 which i cant wait i will have a load of herps lol not sure what it has to do with what we are talking about but im just saying lol

14. Fable

Fable New Member

Well sounds like a great enclousure i thnk you should get one more female and see how they react to a new anole that way if they fight you just have to use the old cage to house the exiled female. Love to see a pic.

Fable

P.S. I don't think anole should eat mealies because of the exo-skeloton not sure but you should do some research.

15. monitormanz319

ahhh fable lol you going to make me do all that pic taking and loading ito n computer grr lol well i will do it lol just for u lol since u helped me alot and talk to me alot give me about 10-15 minutes ( i know tons of people will just critize but hey) so hold on fable hope your on so u can see it

16. monitormanz319

17. monitormanz319

hey fable were r u ?havent had a response from u in a while

18. Fable

Fable New Member

Sorry been really busy. Can't see the pic but would love to see it. Go to the test forum at the end of the forum index and try it.

Fable

P.S. Really sorry about not posting for a while ive been reading old posts on the crestie forum.

19. monitormanz319

:p thats weird because when i copied and pasted it it worked .....

20. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

the links are fixed. You can click and get see the pics now.

21. monitormanz319

thanks spot!! :), fable so there r the links....

22. Fable

Fable New Member

Thats awesome i would like to see from a distance they were just a little bit hard too see and you don't really have to do that but would like to see from a distance :) and that was pretty good photography. oh and one more thing you may or not have been told that crickets can chew through that screen. Just a suggestion but if your not having any problems then there is no problem and really cool set-up. :D

Fable

23. monitormanz319

soon when i get some time i will try to geat pix from distance as for crix i cant keep them in the escape and i usally find them and put some back in or give to my nile... fable wat kinda herps u have? i see ur name all over this place i would like to know wat u have and any pics if u have...

24. Fable

Fable New Member

Well i have 1.1.0 green Anoles had 1.0.0 Water Dragons he past away :cry: He was a rescue. Then im trying to decide bewteen a Crestie and Tokay leaning towards a Crestie. Ill post some pics, What do you have? Like to see pics also. The reason you see me posting everywhere is i read a bunch of caresheets for fun i guess you could call it a hobby :)

Fable

25. monitormanz319

im not so good with that 1.1 thingy---- i have 1 male and 1 female ball python, 1 male and 2 female anoles, 1 nile(baby) as for pics right after i post this i will post pics and im thinking on getting a new rep but for chirstmas maybe you can help me out i was thinking a columbian boa, a juvie sav(not so sure about the sav thing just an idea i like savs), water dragon(2), so maybe you can tell me which you think would b cool outo f those or if you have any other ideas but no geckos or anything like that i dont really like small pets(even though i have anoles) but i said i dont really like small lol not i dont like but i like stuff meduim size or large so yeah..... help lol... i will post pics of other herps it is better than others( but i dont know how to fix the link thingy how spot did it so spot if your looking when im done posting can you fix it again thx