yellow anacondas

Discussion in 'Boas' started by medusa, Apr 7, 2005.

1. medusa

medusa New Member

we have just acquired a young male yellow anaconda and we are thrilled to bits with him, I've been looking on the net for care sheets and information about these fabulous snakes, but can find very little. I think we have got his tank set up right for him - large water bowl for him to lurk in, basking spot about 85 to 90, humidity about 60 to 70%.
    I've read that these snakes can be a bit of a handful.
    Nicodemus is quite small, about 2 feet, and so far we have seen no aggression in him.
    The best way to learn about an animal is from other people who own one, so I would be interested to hear anyone else's experiences of this snake.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

Cant say I have had experience with annies. They are cool snakes though.
    One thing I can say is the temps and humiidty do need to be more exact than what you have mentioned above.... an about along with that kind of temperature range is a lot.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Lokismommy

Lokismommy New Member

I've never had a yellow annie personally but I would think that you could look at a care sheet for a green anaconda and it should be similar. You made a good choice though the yellows have much better temperments than the greens and a male yellow shouldn't get much bigger than 5 feet.