Yellow Uromastyx?

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by KLiK, Mar 8, 2005.

1. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i was at Freds Pet Center which is an *awsome* place, and they had 2 yellow uromastyx. i believe that they are called Yellow Phase Niger Uromastyx but im not sure and Fred said he didnt know, but that he had gotten them from someone who didnt want them anymore. He said that one could be kept in a 20g all its life, is this true? also does anyone have any experience with them? i would like to know the temperment of them and requirements they need to be happy and survive. i know they are omnivorous and like it *hot* but what else can you tell me?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. bennnyboy

bennnyboy Embryo

NO THEY CANNOT LIVE IN 20g. they need at LEAST a 55 gallon...and that is still a little snug for one of them. they grow approximately 15-18 inches, and they are primarily vegetarian. feeding seldomly on circkets (one or two a week max) ask the place if they are wild caught or captive bred. if they are captive bred, you have a better chance of them being tame, but there is still a possibility of them never adapting to you. you should feed them a mixture of collards, mustard greens, dandelion greens, turnip greens and many other things. they need the hot side to be at least 90F and the cooler side to be about 80F, they need a basking spot of at the very least 110F, 120F-130F is better though. their nightime temps can drop to as low as 68F, but any lower, you would need an uth or an incandescent nightlight. if you need any other information, feel free to ask me any questions and illt ry to answer you. email me at skateboarding_411@hotmail.com

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

thanks man