Yemen Cham Price Tag Good/Bad

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by ChamBreeder2005, Jul 30, 2005.

?

How many of you have Bred Chams of any sort!

1. *

Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. *

No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. ChamBreeder2005

ChamBreeder2005 New Member

Yemen Cham Price Tag Good/Bad

Is 150 Pounds a Good Price Tag for a pair Yemen Chameloens they are Healthy & Alert and Eating well. They are about I think but I with have to ask Male about 7 months and female about 6 (there is little size difference). I have bought Gekos and Breaded Dragons from him and I trust him but is the price Tag wright. Any other info or advice on care and breeding would help.

P.S This is the first time he has got a Female ever since I started going there. I do know that females have to mated and thats why!

Thanks

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. whitey4311

whitey4311 Member

Ugh pounds? You might need to give US currency.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. tinster

tinster New Member

150 Pounds is about $264USD. Tin

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Sam_Charette

Sam_Charette New Member

I'm no expert on pricing, but that sounds awefully expensive for me, even for a pair. My male was less than $100 CDN, so $132 USD each is pricey to me

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. tinster

tinster New Member

It also depends on whether they are Captive Bred or Wild Caught. CB being more expensive. Plus - some people pay more for the security of knowing they are buying good specimens from respected breeders.

So if they are from a respect breeder and are captive bred - then the pricing may be just about right - depending on your preference.

There are definitely pairs available for less - but you have to be careful - the lower price MAY be a indicator as to the quality of the specimens.

The other thing to consider is - if you have seen this pair and can pickup - then you save alot on shipping. Which may offset the cost a significantly. And you get to hand select your specimen - which is a huge advantage over buying relatively blind on line.

I could have paid much less for my JAX online, but I opted to pay a little more to be able to hand pick (my uncle in Hawaii actually picked for me) my cham.

Tin

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Chris_Anderson

Chris_Anderson New Member

Actually with veileds, WC are more expensive than CB as CB are so common and often inbred and from otherwise weak lineages. If its a WC veileds, it would be marketed as such as they are saught after by breeders. That seems expensive for CB though and I'm sure they aren't WC.

Chris

12. tinster

tinster New Member

Hey, Chris - that's interesting. What are some of the problems that arise from inbreeding? I've always wanted to know.

Also - JAX are a different story, right? When I was shopping around for one - I definitely noticed a higher price for CB Jax.

Tin

13. ChamBreeder2005

150 is about $200. I have to convince my parents first. Which is why I won't to know if ther price was good.

Thanks

14. BSB

BSB Well-Known Member

That is a great price, before I knew what 250 punds was equall too I was going to say a $150 bucks.

15. ChamBreeder2005

I am going on tommorow tp have a look and to reverse! Any cage tips plz tell!!!!

Thanks