Yemen Chameleon & big water areas

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Palindrome, May 1, 2006.

1. Palindrome

Palindrome New Member

BTW the branches there are dryed jungle vines, nothing special really. Most reptile petshops here got stuff like that, but I like them alot better then the fake rubber vine crap. I in general try not to put to much fake stuff into my terrariums, if so I try to get something that looks natural. Most fake plants and deco stuff looks loke crap if you ask me, shure it's a pain and ekspencive to keep real plants with reptiles as alot of em trash em really fast. But it looks alot better and I don't understand ppl who keep snakes in rags with newspapers in the bottom of the trays. Not that the animal care aslong it's clean, but I would care as I should look at it and it would look like a rag of rubbermaids, that I just as well could have my dirty underwear in.

Pali

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Palindrome

Palindrome New Member

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. noobchamowner

noobchamowner Member

dude with a cage like that i would get a igg they would love that type of cage

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Palindrome

Palindrome New Member

A igg????? Immunoglobulin G maybe????

[​IMG]

Maybe not.........I bet this is was NOT what at you where speaking off, maybe you got a latin name or something so I got a clue what your talking about. I even googled igg and found that the most common thing called igg is a Antibody to SARS-Associated Coronavirus in Animal Traders and a compound in a serium against Borrelia burgdorferi.

Okay im evil...sorry and this was not nice, would anyone care to eksplain what a igg is, coz I don't know any reptiles or animals by this name tho it sounds funny. I have worked with reptiles in a petshop, I don't know that many common names and specialy not international terms and thats why serius ppl use latin names. Then all I got to do it google the latin name if I don't know it and im 100% shure to get a hit on that animal and most of the time also some nice pic's of it.

Palindrome

BTW the pic above is a joke, im not dressed like that coz of the toad but coz I had been painting another room ;)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

Pretty sure noob was talking about an iguana. Accidentally added another g on the end.

Why would you have dirty underwear in your drawers? I can see having clean underwear in there but not dirty. ;)

Can't wait to see the finished terrarium.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Tokaylove

Tokaylove Member

he means an Iguana, check out the forum or google it to see some pics of the green giants.

12. reptile_Enthusiast

reptile_Enthusiast New Member

HAHA.. I just notciced.. I have that same keyboard. HAHAH!! ;)

13. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

That's gotta suck. Do you guys ever fight over it?

14. Palindrome

Palindrome New Member

All right a iguana, now what kinda iguana? :(

My bad ofcause it got to be a iguana iguana, but I have had iguana's before and they grow huge. It's a beutifull creature and the cage is deffently the right size, but I wanna have something a bit more exotic then iguana iguana.

Pali

15. theprayerposition

theprayerposition New Member

I'd love to create a setup like that and stick a couple basilisks in there

16. Palindrome

Palindrome New Member

Xaxim ruels!

It's christmas time..... work work work, make money for gifts and all the extras one need in a time like this.
    Besides all the stress I also found time to do some work on my cage, started on the important part of the background, so I coverd the walls with 1" Xaxim sheets.

I have before had unplesent replyes from ppl who live places where Xaxim is illegal coz of the nature rape happening there, my Xaxim
    is harvested in legal areas and it's not illegal where I live at all. No matter where it's been harvested, just wanna makeing shure u know I know, so I don't get some angry beaver on my tail coz of this. :twisted:

Xaxim is great - a bit ekspencive, but it's gonna look awsome when it get coverd in moss and orchids! The Xaxim for this cage was aprox 500 us$
    Just make shure it's harvested legaly, do it for mother earth!

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The waterfall is running now 24/7 and it have raised the RH extreamly, so I now worry that it's to humid for my toad. It will be all right for now, as it's super nice. The window get fog'ed at night and clear up in the first hour of lights on, dunno a better english term sorry. LOL im not native english and I hope ya al know what i mean when I say the window get fog'd, anyway it's getting there slowly and I'm looking forward to get a new light and some better ventilation/exhaust installed.

Marry X-mas to all of you and your familys and I hope you all enjoy this update, there is still not determants what animals will go into the cage. Unless I find a breeding pair of Bufo. Alvarius. (plz PM me if u got B. Alvarius)

Greetings

Pali

17. waker123

waker123 New Member

RE: Xaxim ruels!

man that is a really sweet looking cage! yeh definitley not for a cham though, not enough ventilation or climbing spots, etc. but you should totally think of getting a couple basilisks or maybe a couple water dragons maybe. not sure how iguanas handle humidity but it seems like it would be a good size for one of them. only problem is you might be limited to waht you can get due to humidity. looks really nice though! keep us updated on what you get!

Waker

18. theprayerposition

theprayerposition New Member

You could house one very large gecko or anole colony.

19. Palindrome

Palindrome New Member

@walker thanx for the reply, now not that im 100% planing on puting in chams it was just my basic idea, im prety shure it's not gonna be problem with ventilation.

I will state it in my post when the cage is done, im still working on it and I don't understand why ppl continualy keep talking about it like it's the finnished project.

So far I have spend more then 2500 $ on this cage project and im not near done, all the plants are not there yet and wines are very limited too as everyone can see. Now it's gonna be build and made ready for houseing rainforest plants, then I have acces to a few special greenhouses where I can collect rare plants and stuff I normaly can't buy in a flowershop in EU.

When the cage is "alive" with a good bioculture in the water, healty growing moss and plants like bromelia's and orchids all over it. Then im gonna consider what animals to put in, but for now it's still a raw cage in working progress.

About the ventilation, im prety shure im coverd mate, now i'll post the pic of my exhaust fan i posted in a previous post as a thumbnail.
    It's not setup yet, but it's laying around ready to put it in when I get time.

[​IMG]

@theprayerposition I don't have anything that will eat regula anole's, i bet my taod is to slow to catch a anole anyway. I have been thinking of Anolis equestris acctualy, but im afraid that they will attack my toad and kill it and poisen em self on the high lvl of toxic bufotonin in B. marinus toads.

[​IMG]

Pali

20. Palindrome

Palindrome New Member

Happy new year everyone!