Yemen Morphs, I got em too!!

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by wbhogg, Aug 16, 2007.

1. wbhogg

wbhogg Embryo

my first clutch of veiled eggs hatched about a two weeks ago, instantly i knew two of my babies were not normal, but I have never heard of an albino chameleon or a clear traslucent chameleon, I searched all over the web and found an albino jacksons and finally some pics and a long thread about yemen morphs, and sure enough, they are exactly the same, except mine have very little green patches, almost none. I was wondering if anyone has seen, heard, read anything beyond the thread i found about these clear lil buddies, anythong would help, pricing, genetics, if the trait is recessive, etc etc, both of my morphs are female, I plan to grow them up and mate one to the father (he has the recessive trait) and one to my sisters sunburst veiled. I can see that LUKE has grown some morphs up to breeding capable age, and would like to talk with him. maybe we can do a swap so we can both have fresh blood. I'll try to upload some pics but my cam is a pile, it takes hours to upload the pics.. and im a lazy bastard... :D

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Reptilezoo

Reptilezoo Embryo

Hi wbhogg. You might be describing Piebalds. These are the translucents in Yemen morphs. But what I have only seen are Piebalds with just 'patches' of translucent skin such as around the arm pit, the feet and the head, what you are describing are, what I make to be, very translucent piebalds. Would be really cool to see pics.
    Luke

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. wbhogg

wbhogg Embryo

thanks luke, will look into it, and am uploading some pics to share with you guys.