Yet ANother; Nalgene Bottles as hide/humid boxes???

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by OysterBoy, May 7, 2004.

1. OysterBoy

OysterBoy New Member

I was sitting in french class bored out of my mind, when I glanced at my teachers nalgene bottle. Would it not be a decent hide box, on its side? you could cut the top half of the lid off, put in your vermiculite (sp?) and moisten, etc, screw lid back on, and voila! Plus you could drap a frabic over it for 'privacy'.

Comments?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JStrider

JStrider Member

you would have to keep it from rolling around..

and thats a pretty expensive hide... those nalgene bottles arnt cheap...and theres a reason for that... while rock climbing my dad dropped on off the side of a mountain... thing musta fell 300ish feet... on the hike down we found it... picked it up... and finished the water... the thing was 100% still good... jsut a bit scratched up!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. OysterBoy

OysterBoy New Member

Oh of course. but Id rather pay the 10.00 CDN each for a coolio hide box lol. and about the rolling, Id plan on making a 'platform' out of either clay, or lego. Im not sure if the clay, after baking, would be 'allowed' or not.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i used a gatorade bottle i cut a bigger whole in the lid side and it works pretty well. i use a fake vine in her tank to keep it from rolling around. she seems to like it pretty well.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. cheriT3719

cheriT3719 New Member

I use ziploc containers. Just cut a hole on top and fill. It keeps in moisture and is easily accessable to change or add water.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. outcold720

outcold720 Member

wouldnt it be hard to cut the nalgene bottles if ther that strong