Your Hobbies

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by General48, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

s_n_s what kind of horse do you own? Do you ride English or Western? I'd love to own a horse *sigh*. But all I do is riding lessons.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Sunrose

Sunrose New Member

My other hobbies include horses largely - be it just spending time down at the barn with mine, schooling my horse or watching Show Jumping on TV. I also love to read (mostly Science Fiction and Fantasy type novels). I'm also a writer, haven't done too much of that lately. Thats all I can really think of right now ...

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. D_Money

D_Money New Member

It cost me summer camp, plus some out of my own pocket for the hopper, and NOX board. I take it you don't play speedball, or just started. Cockers are losing popularity fast, but they're nice guns if you take care of them.

My first gun was a spyder xtra, I've been going up since then.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. hornedfrog

hornedfrog Member

I like to volunteer (Humane Society and zoo), hike, canoe, fish, decorate, cook, watch football, travel, and take my dog to the dog park. I don't like to study, but it's what I spend the majority of my time doing since I'm in grad school.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. s_n_s

s_n_s Embryo

Ash, I have a French Canadian/Quarter Horse cross, she is 4, and goes english or western :p They are alot of fun :)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. myleopardgeckoisevil

myleopardgeckoisevil New Member

I spend most of the day at school and work. I attend Augusta State University. When I'm not doing either of those I play bass in a band that me and my friends made. Don't think you'll ever hear of us though as we don't have a good singer and we can't write lyrics.

12. jarrell

jarrell New Member

skateboarding is like my only hobby i do. paintball is cool but i dont have the money or knowlege to start playing :(

13. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

Whenever I have any spare time (after kid/school related stuff and animals), I play flute, piano and guitar, do decorative art painting, and read books. I also love movies, but don't get a chance to go and see them too often now...gotta fit in sleep somewhere!

14. mthorpe

mthorpe Well-Known Member

fishing, kayaking, thats about it...

15. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

Between full time school and work, as well as my ever growing pet population.... there is my other hobby/career: gemology. I love gems and minerials, and love to collect specimens and study them..(yeah, I am geek)

16. D00M

D00M Well-Known Member

Guitar, graphic design, counter strike, herping, bike riding, camping, and dirt bikes/quads.

17. elums

elums Member

Sport kite flying and yo-yos.

18. Tokaylove

Tokaylove Member

horseback riding, trying to train my crazy dog that is a hobby by necessity not choice!!!

19. greypalomino

greypalomino New Member

besides taking care of my kids, hubby, and little critters, i'm currently working on getting my horse started undersaddle and training my dog so he can become a certified therapy dog.

when i have alone time (which is hardly ever), i like to snuggle up with a book...usually something on horse or dog training.

i really don't have much time for a hobby, now that i think about it...

20. D_Money

D_Money New Member

You don't need a lot of knowledge to play paintball, just be able to tech your gun. And for the money part its only like $40 every other sunday.

21. outcold720

outcold720 Member

snowbaording, skiing, skateboarding, snowskating, biking, sailing, canoeing, camping, climbing trees, making websites, computer, sleeping, playing bass in a band with my brother who plays drums, driftwood, rocketry, r/c sailboats, reading, gaming, etc.

22. clarinet45

clarinet45 Well-Known Member

wow, OK, big list coming on!

besides herps, my #1 is gaming or anything on the computer. i love to play around in Flash. i have 2 Xboxes, 2 gamecubes, 1 PSX, a PSP [traded in DS], and soon to be Xbox360. i dare you to challenge me in Halo! ~_^
    I have been fencing for 6 years, profecient in competition foil and saber, taken a little rapier, not enough to compete. i try to revisit my HS team of nerds to teach. :) i still have my first practive foil [non-electric! arcane! lol] with 'Shelob' engraved on it.
    I go Bow hunting trips with my uncle [maternal], but his wife usually gets more with the car, then he does, lol. my record is a whopping 4 pointer. ;)
    Paintball and laser tag is a big one too. annual trip with dad and uncle and friends on a 48 'war' paintball trip on a 5 acre 'field'. FUN.
    although this is herp related, insect breeding has become a big one too. i have 1000s of baby crix hatching/growing, roaches carrying eggs, supers pupating and 100s growing. i hope to try silkies too soon.
    my plants. ihave dandilions and squash growing inside for my beardies. plan on getting a window box this spring. i have various vines and LOTS of aloe plants for my enclosures.
    i am in art school :D i LOVE to paint, draw, sculpt, doodle and sketch!
    I LOVE BOOKS!! i have read all the harry potter books and seen all the movies and i love them. i own the entire Redwall series. I love fantasy series such as Lord of the Rings (tolkien) and The Sword of Shannara (Brooks). I also read alot of Game design and programming books
    I WATCH A LOT OF TV!! ilove cartoon network, adult swim, comedy central, disney, HBO, on demand, tbs, fox and FX channels. i watch things like buffy and angel, fullmetal alchemist, family guy, venture bros., futurama, various tv movies, sex and the city, carnivale, etc. .
    I LOVE MOVIES!! i subscribe to netflix (great) and get to see a huge selection of movies. i love comedy, action/adventure/ fantasy and animation(including japenese anime) princess mononke, spirited away, from hell, indiana jones series, starwars series, mulan, lion king, aladin, tomb raider, battle royale, versus, kill bill 1 and 2, interview with the vampire, alien series, harry potter movies, she creature, finding nemo, monsters inc, chicken run, braveheart, sleepy hollow, pirates of the carribean, mothman propresies, etc....

besides my herps, that's about it.

:D

23. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

Hockey, snowboarding, guitar, trying not to get hurt playing wreckless hockey. And watching copious amounts of college football. Bowl season is just a few weeks away!! God bless college football.

The cheapest way to play paintball long-term is to buy a gun. It's $200 to get a good one, but you don't have to rent one ever again. And you can play where ever you want. We play down in some woods in RI. Obviously you have to be respective of local laws and other people, but it's much better being able to use whatever balls you want, play whatever games you want, make up your own rules, etc. Most places make all their money on the balls, so that's a big one.

24. mxracer4life_41

mxracer4life_41 Member

Hey General, where ya from? I mainly just work, mess with my herps and race motocross. I am not into the whole 4 wheels thing, 2 wheels are my passion. I also enjoy just about anything outdoors, especially in the woods. later

25. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

It seems very interesting that he is now a troll but started a very interesting post. But anyway apart from reptiles it has to Marine Fish keeping oh and girls.