Your snake and music.

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by RyoIsaguri, Oct 31, 2004.

1. RyoIsaguri

RyoIsaguri Embryo

So curiousity killed me, and i know snakes don't technically hear, but pick up low forms of vibrations, however do you believe snakes can pick up some vibrations from of music.

I say this because i listen to a lot of music on my computer, and Sakura will come out when im playing classical/symphony music, and i was just really wondering if this was coincidental or not.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Any snake will undoubtedly pick up the vibrations from the speakers. As long as it's not loud and bomdarding them it shouldn't bother them. Whether or not he is responding to specific vibrations from certain kinds of music I couldn't say. It's possible, but usually when an animal 'responds' to a sound it's because it's uncomfortable to them in some way. I'm not saying that this is the case with your snake, but I'd make sure I kept the volume down.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Ed_r

Ed_r Member

They definately respond to most vibrations. I did a herp show here and one year we had Radio Disney broadcast from the show... What a disaster. They had the PA and the music blasting with more kiddy dance music (heavy base) Oy the snakes were going nuts.

I had a Burm who knew every time I put the microwave on. Sometimes Id nuke a snack while I was thawing his food in the tub, and he associated me nuking a snack, to him getting fed. As soon as the microwave was turned on he started climbing the cage looking for his food.

I think if the music isnt loaded with base, then they come out for curiosity.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

Yeah, they feel it for sure. I used to date a girl who was born deaf. But she could dance her.....backside off. She loved music. Loved the rhythmic vibrations.

I would have to assume it is similar with snakes.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. lady_lelorina

lady_lelorina Embryo

music and snakes

whenever i have ether of my snakes out i turn the music on low; they really seem to enjoy it.....bane assoiates my turning the music on with his playtime(i let him out on the bed to play, he loves it!)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. callmebruce

callmebruce New Member

RE: music and snakes

my bp likes to watch tv, i dont know if thats the same. he pops his head up bout 6 inches(like in tall grass) and watches for over 10 mins.

12. fpc40

fpc40 New Member

snakes may not have excturnal ears but they stil hear buy vibrations from their skin to their inner ear organ

13. HadesBP18

HadesBP18 Member

That's why I always tap on the side of my snake's tank lightly before I go to pick them up. That way I don't scare them. They all generally associate the tapping with getting picked up.

14. merchant

merchant New Member

my rainbow boa comes out and watches while i work out. (play music while i hit the bag, lift weights or ride)