youtube channels

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by spaceboy, Jan 30, 2012.

1. spaceboy

spaceboy Well-Known Member

Hey guys :) Using IE now (eugh..) so I can make a post, its still not working for me in firefox...
    oh well, my question is if any of you guys can recommend good reptile-related youtube-channels? I think I saw someone on RR post the "snake bytes" one (couldnt respond in the thread though) and that made me wonder if there are any other good reptile-channels?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Hey there, Spaceboy! = ) Any particular species of interest in mind?

http://www.reptileboards.com/threads/youtube-channels.64512/ <-- a thread from several months ago asking a similar question. Might find a channel or two that tickles your fancy. I've got some ball python channels posted in there. With time, you can sometimes find species specific breeders that know there stuff and following them can be entertaining... takes some time to weed out the pros from the noobs though...keep in mind youtube is free to use by anyone = P

SnakeBytesTV is the user on youtube
    http://www.herpnation.com/category/hn-video/

I know there are some good crested gecko videos, bearded dragons... kind of depends on what you are looking for. A lot of species specific breeders post videos and informationals of their collections.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. spaceboy

hey jeffreh :D
    oh neat, thanks! I'll take a look in the old thread.
    No, I'm not really looking for something specific... snake bytes seemed good but, like I've said before, I'm more into lizards rather than snakes. I LOVE snakes too, but you know what I mean! I'm just looking for a way to expand my general knowledge in reptiles. I read books, caresheets, articles, watch documentaries etc, but youtube is such a good medium for learning i.m.o. So I'm looking for the more "professional" videos with good facts and stuff :) there is a lot of videos when you do searches for different species but most of them are "amatures" talking about their own lizards, and some horrible videos of people treating their lizards badly and stuff..you know..

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

JEFFREH likes this.
  8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Her website (from the channel Shanna linked to) is http://jbscresties.com - I've always liked her crestie videos too = )

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

12. spaceboy

Cool, thanks guys :) I love cresties but I don't plan on owning one though.. But its still interesting to watch :)

13. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Hmm. I still vote Cammy make videos of Loki's ventures... there would be so much awesome bearded dragon hammock pooping, orange things eating, and white beautifulness...

And she should also make videos of Toby's ventures just for me ^.^

StikyPaws312 likes this.