Ziggy raises his hand!!??

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by bunchOpets, Aug 8, 2005.

1. bunchOpets

bunchOpets New Member

After Ziggy ate this morning....I was watching him and he came up to the glass and started raising his left hand ..did it bout three times then his right hand...is that a characteristic???

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. herpmaniac

herpmaniac New Member

Yes it is. If u put 2 or more beardies together one will establish his dominance by bobbing his head up and down. This means I'm the boss around here. The other beardies will usually respond by lowering thier head to the ground or waving thier arms. This is believed to be a submissive gesture. Our beardie does this sometimes. I belive that they see thier reflection in the glass and think its another beardie. To get the full effect 2 or more beardies have to be put together. Its thier way of talking to eachother.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bunchOpets

bunchOpets New Member

That is so cool.Thank you ..I tught that might be it..the reflection thing.. but i wasnt sure he could see it,his reflection..Thank you again..this site is great!!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. brandonbb89

brandonbb89 New Member

My beardie does the same thing. But there is no inmate. He looks at himself in the glass and waves his arm. It is extremely funny.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ChamBreeder2005

ChamBreeder2005 New Member

I my breaded dragons are all ways head bodding hand waving and they never fight so I think that its a none voilent way of sorting differneces.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. kayl0rz

kayl0rz New Member

both my beardies arm waved at me when i first got them. they were kinda telling me they werent a threat and asking for me not to eat them. once they learn to trust you they wont arm wave at you anymore. but as they get older they might think they are the boss and head bob! Alan has yet to do this.

12. bunchOpets

bunchOpets New Member

Ziggy was doing it in the glass...not even looking any where towards me...it is funny though...he's very cool towards me n hubby....thank you again so much..so nice to know yu can get info from people who really know what they are talking about....its reassurring :D